Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

vibration at a steady speed

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2016, 8:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The shaking in my truck started after I had the transmission fluid changed. The tech only replaced about 40% of the fluid with the method he used(used tube down tranny dip stick). . I had the transmission fluid changed again with the same tech and he used the same method a year later. I had the tires checked, balanced and rotated. The shaking continued and was horrible when driving up and grade. This past Thursday, I took my truck to Grease Monkey and asked for a total fluid exchange for the transmission. The tech hooked up a machine that replaced 98% of the 14 quarts of fluid in the tranny and the torque converter. As I was driving home I noticed the shaking was gone!! My truck has more power and accelerates quicker. I guess somehow the fluid in the converter was unbalanced causing the shaking? That is the only thing I can come up with why it was shaking. Hope this helps.