Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Want To Trade Bench For Buckets?

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2007, 6:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Want To Trade Bench For Buckets?

I have the bench and am considering moving to 2nd row buckets at some point in the future - but I was wondering if anyone verified if there are any seat mount differences (in the floor) that would not allow this swap? Does anyone know of a specific instance where this was actually done?
Old January 3rd, 2007, 6:36 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a picture of your bench mounts and we'll compare them to the bucket mounts.

Old January 3rd, 2007, 7:26 PM
CF Active Member

As I suspected, bench/bucket mounts are different - swap does not look possible. pic below........

[IMG]local://upfiles/4713/3A07F1EE70094271881961ED5A7F4D90.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 3rd, 2007, 7:47 PM
CF Senior Member

I bet it's a lot easier than you think. It looks like you need to relocate one rear latch and that's it.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 8:17 PM
CF Active Member

Looking at it again, you might be correct. It appears that there is a cover over the "subfloor" - hooks look like they slide in. So if there is a position for the bucket hooks it should work. I may pull the seat in the next few days just to check this out - if anyone else knows for sure please post.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 8:47 PM
CF Active Member

I have black second row buckets in my hoe and I love them. Looks more custom.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 9:18 PM
CF Active Member

Assuming that the swap is possible -out of curiosity, anyone out there (but closer to Maryland preferred) have a set of 2nd row buckets they want to sell (or trade for an ebony cloth bench)? Color does not matter as I would be recovering them anyway. I currently have ebony cloth which I really like & would either reskin both front & rears in custom leather or possibly just have a custom shop do the 2nd rows in factory ebony cloth material.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 9:22 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: engine2

I am sure he (LTZ_HOE) will let you know, but there is a 3rd row bench option just in case you did not know.

on a side note: There is such small amount of space behind the 3rd row, I will probably just end up taking my 3rd row bench out and storing them in the closet until I sell the vehicle several years down the road.
Yup, my 3rd row seats have been wrapped in plastic & sitting on a shelf in my garage since the 2nd day I owned it & will probably be there for the next 5+ years until I move on to the Tahoe's replacement.....

If only they folded flat...... but that was discussed to death on a different post!
Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine have been in stoprage for all but the first week also. they go for a pretty penny on E-bay. Most go for $600 or more. I'm very tempted to sell.

I also can't figure out how to open them once they're out of the vehicle. They'd make nice video gaming chairs for me and the boy.
Old January 4th, 2007, 2:13 AM
CF Active Member

No thats what I meant. I have a thrid row captains chair and willing to trade third row bench. Not 2nd row.

Quick Reply: Want To Trade Bench For Buckets?