Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Washer Fluid Line Broke

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2014, 9:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washer Fluid Line Broke

Hello,

I kept getting low washer fluid alert, and indeed it all drains out after a while. Dealership checked it and said couldn't find a problem. Finally I saw it draining one day and found the line break in the rear driver's side just before the bumper.

What would you suggest as a way to fix this line? If I cut back both ends a ways (removing the "coupling", if that's all it is), how do I splice a new tubing properly? I assume I can get new tubing at Lowes but any links on repairing it correctly?

See attached for 2008 Suburban.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Washer Fluid Line Broke-photo__11__jpg.jpg  
Old April 8th, 2014, 2:01 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is unfortunate that your dealer was not able to find the problem with your washer fluid line. It is nice that you found it.

It would be best to go to your local auto parts store, NAPA, O'Reilly, etc. They should stock replacement plastic line that you can use to repair the problem. When you go, please take a small section of line to match up. Lowes or other big box home improvement stores will stock water line which will work, but may not last as long in the harsh automotive environment.

Please try and cut back the line well into the good line. Your auto parts store should have fittings that will allow you to replace a section. These connectors will have barb fittings that will go into each line. One the line is repaired, have someone activate the washer pump and check for leaks.

Good luck with the repair.