Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Water in doors

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2018, 7:34 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Water in doors

So... after it's rained for a month strait here, I have this same issue. Same as if I go to the car wash.

Driving to work today I can HEAR the water sloshing around inside the door. When I took a DA Polisher to the body, water comes STREAMING out of it lol.

With over 5 million hits on google for "Tahoe Water in Door"

Looks like this guy has the fix by poking the hole. I guess I could also drill another hole, using the tape on the drill bit trick so it doesn't go through the outside panel...

ugh.
Old September 12th, 2018, 4:41 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
So... after it's rained for a month strait here, I have this same issue. Same as if I go to the car wash.

Driving to work today I can HEAR the water sloshing around inside the door. When I took a DA Polisher to the body, water comes STREAMING out of it lol.

With over 5 million hits on google for "Tahoe Water in Door"

Looks like this guy has the fix by poking the hole. I guess I could also drill another hole, using the tape on the drill bit trick so it doesn't go through the outside panel...

ugh.
Is your drain hole plugged with mud, maybe?
all new vehicles are having drain issues it seems
Old September 13th, 2018, 7:13 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used a small screwdriver to clear out all 4 doors. Passenger rear had so much water it was coming out the bump stop 3-4" up! it must have dumped 2-3 gallons...
Yea, no idea who would have thought that a 1/500th inch hole was enough to drain the door. It should have had at least 2-4 of these along the bottom.
Old September 14th, 2018, 1:24 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh dang!