Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Weird Voltage issue ...

Old August 12th, 2008, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird Voltage issue ...

OK, the other night went to start my 2002 Tahoeand the battery seemed pretty close to dead. A couple of more attempts and it started.[/align][/align]Ran fine, figured battery was shot and I can run off alternator until I get home, PA to VA. On the way, the Volts meter in the car[/align]starts dipping randomly, lights start flashing, everything starts to reset, etc. Figure it was alternator after all, I pull into a Chevy dealer[/align]and they do a 'diagnostic' and everything seems fine, but the battery is shorted. They replace the battery and send me on my way.[/align][/align]20minutes later, same thing again, volts don't drop down as far for as long and it seemed to get worse the faster I went, was able to get home without[/align]issue. To the local Chevy dealer and they have had the truck for 6 hours and are telling me everything sees to be fine, they tested everything.[/align]I have a long ride coming up with two kids, can't risk it. Any ideas at all?[/align][/align]Current alternator is 13 months old.[/align]Told them to check belt tension.[/align][/align]HELP![/align]