Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

What is this thing stopping my key from turning in the ignition?

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2020, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this thing stopping my key from turning in the ignition?

I have a 2002 suburban that has a stiff cable that runs to the back of the ignition lock cylinder and it seems to be stopping me from being able to turn the ignition lock cylinder to start or ON. It will allow turning backwards to accessory mode only. Incidentally I can only unplug it in Accessory key position. I looked online a bit for what this thing is and came up empty. I'm sure it is some type of interlock, but it is malfunctioning and not allowing me to turn the key forward at all. The second photo shows what it looks like when unplugged. Unplugging it allows me to start.

While I'm posting, I'm also wondering where this clip is suppose to go? It came out during the process of putting in a new lock cylinder and I can't recall where it came from. I think it is just a wire restraint and not super important, but then thought maybe it's related to the problem I'm having.

Thanks in advance!
Dan