Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

What would you like to see done differently?

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2006, 6:45 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What would you like to see done differently?

I don’t want this to be a bitch session and I’m not asking for your opinion on the styling of the new 2007 Tahoe.
What I would like is everyone’s opinion as to what they wish was done differently whether it’s a feature that isn’t offered or a problem in the design on the new Tahoe.
We already know about the stiff hood strut and orange peel paint and stuff like that.

What I’m wanting is for instance; in a recent a user opinion panel on the Colorado/Canyon (GMT355) it was discovered that the steering wheel was not placed correctly for most people and that many customers would have liked a more powerful speaker system, trip computer and steering wheel radio controls.

Ok now, let’s hear it.
Old October 30th, 2006, 7:06 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What would you like to see done differently?

1. Better Hood Strut Design

2. Some type of 3rd row, maybe 2nd row also stow-n-go seating!

3. Larger Engine

That is it for now!
Old October 30th, 2006, 7:07 PM
davemec

More powerful speaker system, and fold flat 3rd row seats.
Old October 30th, 2006, 7:08 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave,

For every recommendation do we get a GM gift card for aftermarket accessories since we got the screwing for being the first year owners and wont get the 2nd year features? HAHAHA

As for the speaker system, do you have the Bose system? I think it is a very good factory/stock system!
Old October 30th, 2006, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am disapointed in the Bose system installed in the Tahoe. I previously owned an Infinity FX with a factory Bose system that sounded much better than the system in the Tahoe. A more powerful sound system with a bigger sub should have at least been installed in the LTZ. One feature that I would like to see added in the Tahoe is cooled seats. The Expedition offers this as an option, and it would be nice to have living in the south. Flat folding third row seats would also make life easier.
Old October 30th, 2006, 8:07 PM
CF Junior Member

I can only state on the LS model as it is what I own.

1. Center console cover. It has the bench seat, but the console is left open top, if the console is put in the up position, all your stuff in the console falls out into the 2nd row floor.

2. Glovebox/Storage Make the glovebox bigger(at least to hold the manual and appropiate papers) I had to severly fold and crumple some papers to get them to go in the glovebox. These are warranty information papers, that I would need in case of having a breakdown on the highway. There is no other storage to mention other then the one compartment in rear left panel. Which is nothing to praise....

3. I 2nd the stow in go Seating...maybe just for the 3rd row if nothing else. Those 3 row seats take up a lot of room even if they are folded up.

4. Ashtray? Mine didnt come with an Ashtray, its not a big deal, as I dont smoke, but it makes for a nice change holder.

Im overall pretty happy with the truck, I didnt spend over 30k for the vehicle like some of you did to get all the cool features. I did get it to drive on the road comfortably carrying my son, my wife and all our gear..which it does pretty well. Had I had better credit, I probably would have gotten an LT or LTZ...Maybe next time around. I certainly will be looking to GM and these Tahoes specifcally on the next purchase as for the price I paid and the storage and power and features it has Im very satisfied...
Old October 30th, 2006, 8:33 PM
CF Junior Member

heres my dream tahoe

1- 6.2L SS with 2WD.

2- 40-20-40 second row,fold flat third row and storage under the floor rite behind the third row

3- better looking gauges

4- hard to find door lock/mirror button they need to be separated so you would have less buttons on the door

5- overhead AC vents are a lil small for the size of the tahoe

6- the three red backup warning lights need to be moved to the center so i can see them with my rear view mirror

7-traction control and gas pedal adjust buttons are in the wrong place should be higher up and to the left of driver

other than that i love it so far
Old October 30th, 2006, 8:41 PM
CF Active Member

TELESCOPIC STEERING WHEEL
Old October 30th, 2006, 9:14 PM
CF Active Member

1. Make the gauges easier to see (maybe make them lit all the time).
2. Make the rear window deflector more effective so that the back of the Tahoe isn't a dust magnet.

Old October 30th, 2006, 9:40 PM
CF Beginner

Fold flat 3rd row seating.

Hard drive nav system like the new DC vehicles

Z71 package should have a larger tire. 20" wheel package has a 1/2" taller tire than the Z71

6.0 or 6.2 engine with 6 speed auto (bet we see one or more in 08)