Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

What would you like to see done differently?

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2006, 2:15 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What would you like to see done differently?

I agree with the battery placement. That is a bad design, add to the fact that the battery goes dead every other week because of approach lighting, departure lighting, auto headlights with the key in the acc position, etc. If the kids watch a movie with the car not running. I am guaranteed a dead battery and it is not hard to jump start but it could have been much easier.

Fold flat seats

Bigger glove box

Lid on the center console (LS models)

35/30/35 2nd row seats
Old October 31st, 2006, 4:49 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my truck, and don't mind the price.

1. Add the bolster back into the front seats.
2. 2nd row seat heaters should hit the back also, not just the rump.
3. Fold Flat seating would be badass.
4. I would like the info from my IPod displayed on the radio, further I'd like to be able to jump songs with the steering wheel controls.
5. I don't like the rear wiper switch, as much as I drive I still hit it on accident.
6. I would like to be able to adjust the temp from the steering wheel.
7. 2nd row seats should be easily removed.
8. A built in 110 volt outlet (10 Amps Min)
9. A spot to tap into the onboard compressor, (fill up air mattress's/tires)
10. A hot blonde female in the passenger seat.
11. The battery should never not have enough juice left to start the car. A shutdown feature shouldn't be to hard to incorporate into one of the computers already on board.

I definitely agree on the venting back windows, and the second row going all the way down. Those would be right after the bolster on my list.

No one else misses the bolster????

Jason
Old October 31st, 2006, 6:29 PM
CF Active Member

ZX, They could add the following or possibly make it possible to do an add on to the existing ones.

1. Rear windows open for venting (the large rear windows)
2. Tahoe with leather seating have an option for cooling the seats. It does get hot in most areas and would be nice.
3. Rear passenger windows roll all the way down.
4. Ability to control rear AC cooling/heating from the front.
5. How about a plug or something along the top edge of the windsheild for radar detectors, GPS, XM/Siruis, or something like this.
6. HID lights standard. Looks better and shows that the vehicle is of high quality(Lexus,MB,BMW and so on).
7. Brake lights (LED) style for the top and bottom

More Later
Old October 31st, 2006, 11:05 PM
CF Active Member

Power outlet in the 2nd row.

Child seat tie downs in all seat positions not justs a couple of them??? Why is that?

More cup holders (at least in the LS), if I have 9 people in the tahoe there are no cup holders except the 3rd row.

Why not put the jack in the engine compartment, ever try to change a tire while on Christmas vacation with the back end full of luggage and presents? There is nothing like emptying the back end of people/stuff just to get a jack out.

Not make the MDS so sensitive. If I even think about pressing on the gas the computer does it for me. How about a economy/performance switch?
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:07 AM
CF Beginner

We just bought our LT3 4 days ago so my list isn't complete but here's what I think so far:

1. Fold flat 3rd row seats.

2. A/C seats!!!!!!!!!

3. Backup sensor lights in the center.

4. Either put the jack in the original battery location in hood or put a box there for placing tools. I'm surprised they didn't do that cause they did it in the 90's Suburban my dad had.

5. 5 or 6 speed auto transmission.

6. Although headlights light the road very well HID's would be nice.

7. I disagree about the gas pedal, I think it takes way too much travel to get it going. Should be a little more responsive.

8. Don't like fake wood trim either. Make brushed stainless from LS standard on all models and wood an option....or wood standard in LTZ/Z71.

9. Line-in for ipod more integrated so it shows menus, controlable from steering wheel.

10. 110-volt a.c. plug in rear and center console.

11. Rubber armrests seem/feel cheap. I just hope they are rugged. If it's going to look cheezy at least be durable.

12. Better floormats and one for third row.

13. I like how you can add/remove total number of folders on the radio presets but also being able to reduce number of presets w/in a folder would be nice.

Sounds like I have nothing but complaints but I really love this thing so far.
Biggest improvement would be better gas mileage and even though they've tried hard advertising it, gas mileage still really isn't IMO a big selling point in a big SUV like this.
Old November 28th, 2006, 7:36 PM
CF Beginner

I don't own a Tahoe yet. But the one thing that would make me pull the trigger would be the Duramax Diesel with the Allison transmission. My buddy has this combo in his truck and I was amazed. I still like my little 4Runner, but a Tahoe with a Diesel would seal the deal.

mb
Old November 28th, 2006, 10:30 PM
CF Junior Member

i own the 2007 LS. i wish it had a center console cover, and maybe some rear led lights, and a bigger engine. oh and maybe a little more cargo room, seats that fold down all the way in the third row and second row.
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:02 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have noticed many of you asking for fold flat rear seats and just wanted to shed some light on the reason the GMT900 SUV's are designed with removable; instead of fold-flat aka: fold-into-floor seating:
From a design stand point it is a double edged sword, to accommodate that type of seating there is some packaging restrictions as to having enough room under the vehicle for the spare and at the same time keeping the load floor as low as possible. The truck would have to be fitted with an Independent Rear Suspension to allow for this and that design in and of its self has some benefits and also some significant drawbacks (in the strength and stability realm of things), so it was decided to forego the IRS.
GM also took into account a lot of feedback from customers and it was discovered that most people rarely use the 3rd row seats (in Tahoe’s) and many prefer to remove the seats completely which reduces the weight of the vehicle and allows for more load carrying capability.
The 2nd and 3rd row seats were a topic of much debate during the design of this vehicle.

As for the 2nd row; the problem was to design a seat that could be configured with the (now popular) flip-and-fold feature that would get the seat as far out of the way as possible for cargo carrying and also to make it easy for rear passengers (normally young people) to enter and egress from. The primary reason for many people liking the fold flat seats was so that they could sleep in the cargo area, but it was decided that ease of use should take precedence as most people buying vehicles within the price range normally can afford and opt for a hotel room and also it was decided that passenger carrying over load carrying was to be the primary consideration.

It appears as though some more ingenuity may need to be exhausted though.

Old November 29th, 2006, 1:37 AM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

While I don't mind the removable third row, it would be nice if the little tracks were below flush to make for a flat load floor. Just a thought.
Old November 29th, 2006, 1:53 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the explanation Dave.

I haven't added to this thread since I love my Tahoe and only have two complaints.

One is the 3rd row seat but I understand the limitations of space. I can take out my 3rd row and have much more room than I'd have if it was a fold to floor level design.

Two..... The rear window. I assume there is something in the back doors that keep the window from going past 40% down but it would be great if this issue was resolved. It's really embarrassing to have someone in the back seat who can't roll the window down more than 9 inches. I know if it was an easy fix Chevy would have it taken care of so I'm curious to understand the explanation.

Thx