Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

What would you like to see done differently?

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2006, 9:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What would you like to see done differently?

The middle row, center, seat belt slaps against the leather seat if you drive with the windows open (just about any amount) With the many seasons in the NE I like to have the windows open once in awhile.

If your windows are open and you shut the door it sounds like the glass slams against the door. Sounds really cheap!!!

The "wood" on the dash is too flat and I get sun in my eyes, alot. VERY blinding reflections.

I want control of my dash lights. If I sit in the garage for even a very short time after starting the vehicle it decides it's dark and the lights come on and the dimmed dash light setting cannot be over-ridden. I cannot see the radio or HVAC settings. I even tried turning the lights OFF manually and the interior lights, dash, do not change to the daytime setting. Even on Sunny morings and evenings in the spring and fall (when the sun is low in the sky) it decides it is dark and even though the sun is in my face, the vehicles lights are at their lowest setting and I have NO HOPE of seeing them.

The 4X4 controls are out of view while driving. I accidentally bumped them with my knee and it very easily switched to 4 low. After a long search for the sudden transmision/gear problem I realized the problem and then I couldn't get it to shift out of 4 low. Goes in by accident and goes out with a fight. Dangerous if you can't see the switch. Accidentally shifting into 4 high may not be so quickly noticed.

Give me a glove box that will hold the manual.

I would like to also see a 4 pin wire tucked up inside the rear bumper. Nice to have both and it will make accessories easier to hook up.

I'll stop there for now.
Old October 30th, 2006, 10:07 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well.... these are some things that may irk me alone or others as well....

Here goes.

1. The rear wiper switch on the turn-signal/high beam control should not be on the front of the control. 9 out of 10 times, when I take my finger to activate the high beams, I hit the switch for the rear wipers. Annoying but I'll live with it (like I can change it anyway).

2. The range on the remote start is far too short. #rd party units (Viper for one) has a 2000+ foot range.

3. The climate control buttons are a bit on the small side. Tough to find when driving at night by feel.

4. Flat-folding 3rd row seats

5. Flat-folding 2nd row seats

6. Rubber channeled floor mats - front and rear

7. Make the Burlewood an available option and not a mandatory install. It causes a great distraction from the glare of light coming into the windows.

8. Add a 12v ignition feed/stud to the fuse panel at the d/s door

Old October 30th, 2006, 11:03 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Folding flat 3rd row seats
Additional storage areas for jumper cables etc.
Gauge background should change to white during the day and black at night.
Larger motor option.
Access to headlight bulbs w/o disassembling the front end.
Old October 31st, 2006, 12:15 AM
CF Junior Member

1. Fold flat seats.
2. I agree about the switch placement for the rear window wiper. I constantly hit it thinking I'm turning on the cruise control.

Other than that, I love my LTZ 4x4.
Old October 31st, 2006, 12:29 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thought of one other item that no one has mentioned. LARGER REBATES and a lot lower MSRP on all model Tahoes!
Old October 31st, 2006, 2:05 AM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

1. Chrome the 20" wheels. Really like the design, just not a very good polish job.
2. Use an existing oil filter. Besides this one is about half the size I use on my 350s.
3. Use standard wiper attachment.
4. Put the autodim feature on the passenger side mirror.
5. Use floormats that belong in a $40K-$50K vehicle including one for the third row. I'll use mine for the sloppy Midwest winters.
6. Put the battery back up front and unencumbered by body parts.
7. Use a more substantial material for the power outlet covers. These are just too fragile.
8. I like the interior design but it could use some softer material on the door panels.

Still think it's a great looking ride!
Old October 31st, 2006, 9:37 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: 73shark
6. Put the battery back up front and unencumbered by body parts.
Make it so the positive battery terminal opens from the other side vs. against the coolant tank. You need a screwdriver to get it open.
Old October 31st, 2006, 10:47 AM
CF Junior Member

1. Center console cover.

2. Make the glovebox bigger(at least to hold the manual) I

3. There is no storage other then the one compartment in rear left panel. Which is nothing.

4. Those 3 row seats take up a lot of room even if they are folded up. maybe fold flat somehow ditto for second row too!

5. longer range for the remotes. mine only operates from max 50' away.

6. second the comment from biglg "LARGER REBATES and a lot lower MSRP on all model Tahoes!"

7. Standard wiper attachments.

8. Tow hooks on all models instead of 2 holes in the front bumper with nothing coming out of them. Tacky!

9. Make the battery easier to replace without having to remove structural body parts. There is a empty battery tray in the drivers front, why not put the real battery there and have room for an auxiliary one where the current one is. duuuuuuhhhhh

Dont get me wrong, I love it just some things could be improved upon.

Old October 31st, 2006, 11:02 AM
davemec

big, I do have the Bose system, and i am looking into replacing it.

Instead of gift cards, I think ZX plans on having all of us out to the lake on his boat.
Old October 31st, 2006, 11:24 AM
CF Junior Member

ZX, I dont need no stinking gift card either, just post date and time for our lake trip and I will be at the dock! he-he