Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

When to Wax

Search this Thread

Old December 25th, 2006, 3:34 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When to Wax

I just bought my tahoe 4 days ago. I am already wanting to wash and wax it but I have heard that you shouldn't wax the car for like 3 months or somethin like that. Is there any truth to this? Will conditioning the black leather on the inside have any effect on the new car smell?Because I want to keep the smell as long as possible. What is the best wax I can use? I have heard Zaino products are the best.
Old December 25th, 2006, 4:16 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: When to Wax

What you hear about are those who just had their car painted and in those cases you should wait for a certain amount of time before waxing. If it makes you feel better look in the drivers door jam for your build date.

zaino, zymoil, and McGwires is what I prefer
Old December 25th, 2006, 9:49 AM
CF Junior Member

My dealer sent my Tahoe off to be waxed right after I bought it. They had done a crappy job of getting it ready when I bought it so he sent it off to a guy that does professional detailing and it looked great. Oh yeah we bought it pretty much as soon as it came on the lot so it was fresh off the assembly line.
Old December 26th, 2006, 1:08 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Never have used Zaino but over the years I have gravitated to Meguiar's and currently using their NXT. Two factors I look for are how long it lasts and how easy is it to use. Everyone has their favorites for their own reasons. You'll just have to experiment.
Old December 26th, 2006, 1:18 AM
CF Active Member

I prefer the Wax Shop. That seems to work the best and the results are awesome. If you have a dark color car, then go with the Safe Cut HD. Then followed by Super Glaze HD. You will be very pleased with the results.
Old December 26th, 2006, 1:49 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm pretty sure that your paint was baked at the factory. You can wax it right away. It is cured by the time you get it.
Old December 26th, 2006, 2:20 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Factory applied baked on paint jobs can be waxed right away. If paint repair was done and allowed to cure naturally, allow 3 months for the solvents to evaporate before waxing.
Old January 3rd, 2007, 2:46 AM
CF Beginner

We bought our Tahoe back in May and I am planning on clay barring and waxing it as soon as the weather gets a tad bit nicer here in TX> I haven't tried Zainoas I have been using Tropi-Care.