Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Why does my Suburban smell like SPRAY PAINT???

Old March 28th, 2018, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does my Suburban smell like SPRAY PAINT???

I have an '03 Suburban that smells really bad. I have to drive with the windows open. I went through every inch of the interior and found nothing but I have a strong chemical/solvent smell... it smells to me just like spray paint. It's not a gas smell. Then I noticed, even with the doors shut and windows closed, I can smell it OUTSIDE The truck! It SEEMS like the smell is more in the rear, outside the vehicle. I think I might smell it most by those black vents above the tail lights but I don't see how that can be smelling like spray paint. Any suggestions or opinions on what is causing this? By the way, it doesnt' just smell like this when it's on. I've had it sit for almost a week without turning it on at all and I can still smell it every time I walk by the vehicle.

Last edited by jimsimm; March 28th, 2018 at 10:32 AM.
Old March 28th, 2018, 2:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Wondering if you have a fuel leak at the gas tank and you are smelling evaporating gas? Check hoses going to tank & fuel pump area as well as fuel lines tank to motor
Old March 28th, 2018, 3:22 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

If you just got the truck, you might want to pull a door panel or lift the carpet to see if its had flood damage.

Search this Thread