Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wind noise

Old March 26th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts
Default RE: Wind noise

I've got power folders and seems pretty quiet to me.

You said window, did you really mean the door to body seal?
Old March 26th, 2008, 11:33 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont know what you are talking about? Says door on my end, .

As for you answering the power fold question, well you dont have the darn problem so you dont count!

All i know is this vehicle is louder than my last one. Is it unbearable, Nope! However, is it bothersome, absolutely. It is annoying, i thought my first 07 was super quiet, the quietest vehicle i had been in. Now with this one, it is just another average road/wind noise vehicle. It is frustrating. I hate that the wind noise controls the radio and talking volume.
Old March 27th, 2008, 9:37 AM
davemec

I you think it's the mirrors, try folding them in and then driving to see if the noise is still there. That is how I determined that my noise was not coming from the mirrors, but from the door where it meets up to the body along the front of the window.
Old March 27th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Gosh you're right. Guess it was getting late or I'm just too old.
Old April 5th, 2008, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone gotten a real solution for this noise....I just bought my 08 and I am hearing the same noise....sounds like its coming from the upper a pillar. I don't want to go back and forth to the dealership for the problem until I know someone here has gotten some real solutions.

Thanks!
Old April 5th, 2008, 9:01 PM
davemec

I've had this looked at 2 different times. First they changed the door brackets according to the TSB, then they added a foam piece to the door handle, also a part of the TSB. I still have the noise, and the service manager hears it too, but he says there isn't anything more they can do that unfortunately it's a design issue.
Old April 6th, 2008, 12:24 PM
CF Addict

I was told it is my vent visors!
Old April 7th, 2008, 9:46 AM
davemec

ORIGINAL: biglg

I was told it is my vent visors!
Yeah, so was I. I have the inchannel ones and they said the noise was from them. So I took the driver door one off and then took it in to have them look again. Without the visor the noise is still there and they say they can't do anything about it. It's possible yours is coming from the visor. You can try taking it off like I did. Let me know if you get this fixed and what they did.
Old April 7th, 2008, 9:51 AM
CF Addict

Dave,
They took the vent visors off. The in channel ones as well. They said that the visors had stretched out the window liners and then the wind noise was worse with out them. To get the liners replaced would be around $700 on all 4 windows.

So it wont be fixed, it will just be louder than I want it to be. I will never buy the vent visors again.
Old April 9th, 2008, 10:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new to the forum but am glad that this topic is being discussed. I have the 07 with the power folding mirrors and know for a fact that it is the mirror that is causing that annoying whistling sound on the driver's side. While driving down the road I folded the mirrors in and the noise stopped. I have been waiting until I take my Tahoe in for an oil change to address it with the dealership

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wind noise