Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

WINTER WIPER BLADES for '07+ TAHOE/YUKON & NEW STYLE SILVERADO/SIERRA

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2007, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WINTER WIPER BLADES for '07+ TAHOE/YUKON & NEW STYLE SILVERADO/SIERRA

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE LOCATED WINTER WIPER BLADES FOR A 2007 AND NEWER TAHOE? AFTER RETURNING A SET OF 22" ANCO WINTER BLADES, I'VEREAD SEVERAL THREADS ABOUT '07 AND NEWER WIPER BLADES BEING DIFFERENT, NOT THE CONVENTIONAL HOOK/LATCH STYLE, BUT NO PART NUMBERS FOR WINTER BLADES. HELP! I THINK THE NEW STYLE '07 AND NEWER GM PICKUPS HAVE THE SAME BLADES. muttyz70@hotmail.com
Old December 2nd, 2007, 10:49 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WINTER WIPER BLADES for '07+ TAHOE/YUKON & NEW STYLE SILVERADO/SIERRA

Do a quick search on the forum - it's there.

Michellan and Python make them - $14 per side... I got mine at Walmart but have seen them at Advance Autoparts also (for more $$$ of course).
Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: WINTER WIPER BLADES for '07+ TAHOE/YUKON & NEW STYLE SILVERADO/SIERRA

THE MICHELIN IS NOT A CONVENTIONAL RUBBER BOOTED WINTER WIPER BLADE, CORRECT? IT'S AN ALL SEASON BLADE, RIGHT? ANY INPUT ON IT'S PERFORMANCE IN SNOW AND ICE? THANKS.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 2:00 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny you should ask about snow performance... I just came back from toying around in our new 1"+ of snow.... I have a Michelin arm/blade on the D/S and the factory arm/blade on the P/S and the Michelin was far superior.

The new arms/blades are all plastic - no metal at all. The Winter blades (Anco, etc) use rubber to cover the metal components that freeze. No metal, no freeze.

This is just an unprofessional opinion from an untrained person.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 8:06 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

I've used the Anco or Trico winterblades for years and loved them. Since they are a little stiffer than normal blades, they miss the lower right corner on the passenger side. The factory blades suck in the winter with any ice and/or snow. As soon as my original blades wear out (19 mo and counting), I'm going to see if I can transfer the attachment detail to a winterblade.

Haven't seen the Michelin yet, will have to check out.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
CF Senior Member

I have 6500 miles on the OEM blads with my first snow fall today and they worked great. They even cleared the right hand side of the truck where everyone says they miss.