Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

FYI-Road noise and rattle in door

Search this Thread

Old September 21st, 2007, 6:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI-Road noise and rattle in door

I recently took a trip down to Florida and was hearing a rattle that seemed to be coming from my door and unreasonable loud wind/road noise. I went to the dealer and had them check it out, apparently there is a bulletin about the weather stripping not sealing the door correctly. I'm not sure if this is going to correct my problem since they had to order the parts, but just in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing it's not normal and chevy is aware of it. I'll let you know if that fixes my problem.

Old September 26th, 2007, 6:53 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: FYI-Road noise and rattle in door

One of the first things I noticed about my new Tahoe was the quietness of the cabin. I cannot tell the engine is running. Since this is my 1st post, I will have to familiarize myself with some of the threads to see the pros & cons of the vehicle, but after my wife owning a 94 Toyota 4-Runner since 97, I think I'll be more than happy with this Tahoe Purchase!

Good to be on board.
Old September 26th, 2007, 8:41 AM
davemec

ORIGINAL: TahoeG8R07

I recently took a trip down to Florida and was hearing a rattle that seemed to be coming from my door and unreasonable loud wind/road noise. I went to the dealer and had them check it out, apparently there is a bulletin about the weather stripping not sealing the door correctly. I'm not sure if this is going to correct my problem since they had to order the parts, but just in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing it's not normal and chevy is aware of it. I'll let you know if that fixes my problem.

Have you had this fix done yet? If so, did it work? I have the wind noise and they've tried to fix it with no luck. Can you provide the bulletin number so that I can try giving it to the service department? Thanks.
Old September 26th, 2007, 9:02 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

PIT4172A Deals with wind noise or excessive gap between the front door and "A" pillar molding.

06-08-64-035C Addresses replacing the roof drip weatherstrip with a new softer seal weatherstrip.

99-08-64-016B Addresses the use of Dielectric Silicone Grease or the (even better) Goodwrench Weatherstrip Lubricant (Krytox) to eliminate squeaks.

Old September 26th, 2007, 9:47 AM
CF Beginner

The service dept hasn't received the parts yet. After they do this, I'll give an update. Hopefully it is a good fix.

Old September 26th, 2007, 9:51 AM
davemec

Thanks for the info. I had the fix for the door gap done, but there still seems to be alot of wind noise on the dirvers side so I'll see if they can try the weatherstrip fix.
Old September 26th, 2007, 9:57 AM
davemec

Thanks.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

I bought a new 2007 tahoe LT3 in October. I'm hearing lots of wind noise on the driver side and some rattle/sqeek coming from a rear passenger door. I dropped of at dealer last week and they said the driver side wind was air rushing around the side mirror and they replaced the insulation in door panel on rear door but the hoise is still there, just not quite as loud. I'm gonna drop the tahoe off again today and hope they get it right. Driving down the freeway with the radio off makes me feel like the driver door isn't closed all the way.