Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wiper and Passenger Mirror Issue

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2013, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper and Passenger Mirror Issue

Hi,

I have a 2007 Tahoe LT.

I was drying off my passenger mirror and it came loose. I do not know if it was from something that I did when drying but now it intermittently will come loose and I have to stop and push in on the lower left corner and it seems to pop back into place.

Are these mirrors easy to replace? Or is it something that is best left up to the dealer?

I also noticed that my windshield wipers do not stay on for the first 5 settings. They will come on when you change to another setting but they do not come back on again unless I intervene.

Are there known issues with the wipers like this? Is this a crazy expensive fix?

Thanks,
Brian
Old January 18th, 2013, 9:42 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bushler
Hi,

I have a 2007 Tahoe LT.

I was drying off my passenger mirror and it came loose. I do not know if it was from something that I did when drying but now it intermittently will come loose and I have to stop and push in on the lower left corner and it seems to pop back into place.

Are these mirrors easy to replace? Or is it something that is best left up to the dealer?

I also noticed that my windshield wipers do not stay on for the first 5 settings. They will come on when you change to another setting but they do not come back on again unless I intervene.

Are there known issues with the wipers like this? Is this a crazy expensive fix?

Thanks,
Brian
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> bushler,

I’m sorry you are experiencing these issues with your vehicle. I would be happy to check my resources for any known issues. If you would like me to do so, please PM me your VIN so I may proceed.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 19th, 2013, 9:17 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Outside Rearview Mirror Glass Replacement GMT900

Mirror removal and install, attached in 2 PDF files