Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Won't start on the first time

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2009, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't start on the first time

Hey guys i'm new here to the forum but I know I will like it here. I am working my gf mothers burb and the problem its having is intermediate. She says she's taken it to the dealer a few times and it would never do it for them. It will never start on the first try but always the second. I've done some research around here and the only thing I can come up with is the crank sensor, fuel regulator, and the lift pump. I'm think its not holding the fuel pressure but she says it can do it at anytime anywhere. I'm going to go check it out tomorrow morning and read any codes (if any) and check the fuel pressure. I just want to know what to look for since i'm a diesel freak not a gasser. But don't get me wrong I love chevy's! I believe its a 2004 1500suburbwith the 5.3 vortec.
Old January 8th, 2009, 2:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Won't start on the first time

Ok here is the update, I found out that as soon as the fuel pump shuts off the pressure drops to zero. When the truck is running the fuel pressure exceeds 60psi. The correct vechicle specs is 2005 chevy suburban 5.3lt non flex fuel. Any help please!