Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wood grain on armrest?

Search this Thread

Old October 17th, 2006, 11:44 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wood grain on armrest?

I have noticed in some pics of the interior of the '07 Tahoe that it comes with wood grain on the armrest trim. Is this standard when you get the wood grain or is extra? I have wood grain in my Avalanche but the trim on the armrest is black plastic and I was thinking of trimming it out to match the wood grain. Not sure if it's somethig I can get through GM or if I'll have to replace the entire armrest.

~digdug
Old February 20th, 2008, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Wood grain on armrest?

i kow this isnt what you are looking for but here is another idea with the wood grain interior.
http://www.avalancheandaccessories.c...roducts_id=249

but no you dont need to switch out the whole arm rest. they sell the kits out there just have to look. i know ive seen them. ill post again if i find them
Old February 21st, 2008, 8:13 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are talking about the lid to the cneter console, I have been looking to get that trimmed in wood as well. I have the LTZ cupholder portion but want the black plastic replaced up top too. (Don't pay $185 or whatever that last post had. It can be had for less on Ebay. used to be ALOT less)

I can't find the center console piece alone in Ebay auctions. They want $100or more for it and one other piece (4X4 switch last one I saw) Seems a little steep!!
Old February 23rd, 2008, 12:19 AM
CF Active Member

has anyone changed out the 4x4 switch? I bought the 4x4 switch and the wood armrest together and I'm not overly excited about trying to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

And to respond to the question a few up, the wood option includes wood dash and console and a few other places, but does not include the armrest...that comes black. It will need to be purchased.