Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

XM Stations Change On Their Own - Problem

Search this Thread

Old December 9th, 2006, 7:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM Stations Change On Their Own - Problem

Just the past 2 days my XM stations started changing on their own. At first I thought I might have accidently hit the buttons on the steering wheel to cause the channel/station change but it is happening frequently now. I will be listening to any given XM station and it will change on its own out of the blue. It appears to be going to the next present station under that categoy (ie. rock, decades, hits). If I am on one of my "favorites" stattions is it not changing to the next or previous favorite, it is going to the next station under the category.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know of a TSB on the nav that this is included as a fix?

I will be taking it in next week but wanted to be armed with as much info as I could get beforehand to "help" the dealer fix it right.
Old December 9th, 2006, 11:13 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XM Stations Change On Their Own - Problem

I used to have the same problem in my Expedition... I don't know if you have the same cause though - mine was due to the rear seat control. When I had the seats folded up, one of them would rest on the control panel on the rear of the center console and hit the button to change the channel.

Go figure.
Old December 14th, 2006, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Check the **** on the right side of the radio. Mine has detents, but can stick from time to time between detents, allowing the station to change from time to time. I have to make sure the **** is in the detent to stop it...

Hope this helps,
Michael
Old December 14th, 2006, 1:29 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Which sound system?
Old December 14th, 2006, 7:35 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still might be steering wheel..the ->] button on the steering wheel with cause it to move to the next XM on dial not the next preset.

Nevermind, I see Dave is on the case.
Old December 18th, 2006, 2:36 AM
CF Beginner

I have the UVB Navigation/Radio head unit and the button jumping only occurs randomly while listening to XM Radio...thats it. Has happened to both my wife and I so its not an errant button being pushed.
Old July 8th, 2007, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Did you ever find a solution for this? Starting a few weeks ago, mine did it a couple of times, now today it happened four times in less then 45 minutes.

Old July 9th, 2007, 5:26 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No TSB's or notices listed on this concern, I would check what the mic454 and Tahoe 07 have suggested.
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:08 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first got my '07 Tahoe last September, I was having this problem quite a bit-- at least twice a week. Took it to the dealer for other reasons andhad them troubleshoot the radio issue, too. Of course, they said everything was working fine. I have the in-dash cd changer with XM, Bose system. For a couple months I didn't have the problem. Then a while ago it happened again. Never did figure out what the problem was. Besides being annoying, this problem by itself hasn't made me want to go back to the dealer.
Old July 13th, 2007, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

I made sure my right side **** wasin the detents and so far it has not changed in the last couple of days. I hope that was it. I have the GM Super Lockpick installed and do not want to have to remove that for a service appointment on the radio.

Quick Reply: XM Stations Change On Their Own - Problem