Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Your '07 mods...

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2006, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your '07 mods...

ORIGINAL: EscalonJon

I have the Greystone LTZ. Among the other common upgrades, my favorite was chrome door handles. They got more comments than anything else. They really gave the 'hoe that subtle bling-thing. They were a challenge to put on, but worth it. If installation of real handles seems difficult, you can get adhesive "covers" that probably would be hard to tell at a glance. These can be found on eBay. Also, for those who don't want to buy billet or chrome bowties for the rear gate, you can warm up the rear gold bowtie with a heat gun. The gold tie will come off clean and leave a nice smooth chrome "indentation" that looks pretty cool without buying another bowtie.
Where did you get the chrome handles at (brand/part#)? How much did they cost?

Here's some questions for the rest of you guys. Have any of you considered putting chrome or stainless steel nerf/side step bars on your Tahoes? If so, what brand seems to be the best quality (for sturdiness and longevity)?

Also, does anybody have their stock 20" Chevy wheels (with or without tires) for sale? I'm looking for a set. I got an LS model with the 17" wheels and want to upgrade. If you or anybody you know has a set for sale, hit me up (private message me on this site or email me at sn75@yahoo.com). We can figure shipping out if the deal is right.

Steve
Old July 31st, 2006, 4:08 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: sn75

Also, does anybody have their stock 20" Chevy wheels (with or without tires) for sale? I'm looking for a set. I got an LS model with the 17" wheels and want to upgrade. If you or anybody you know has a set for sale, hit me up (private message me on this site or email me at sn75@yahoo.com). We can figure shipping out if the deal is right.

Steve

There are several sets for sale on Ebay
Old July 31st, 2006, 7:56 PM
CF Beginner

is it true that behind the back emblem on the tahoe, its solid chrome? i've heard two diff things now...someone said that there were two holes behind the yellow emblem...
Old July 31st, 2006, 8:34 PM
CF Active Member

Once you remove the gold bowtie, a chrome like finish bowtie remains with any holes. The gold bowtie along with the chromed plastic one are mounted with bglue or 3m double sided tape. The front emblem has the holes as it is mounted with studs and nuts. Hope this helps.
Old August 1st, 2006, 1:54 AM
CF Beginner

New to this.
Have had my tahoeLS 4X4 3mh.
Frist in town to put AVIC-Z1,With all opt. Blue Tooth,Full Nav. DVD, Hard drive. and more. here is a link to see http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...632461,00.html

also relocated factory deck. on-star and sounds work on sep speaker.
Rancho Lift, 900 ajectables shocks. ( rides just like sock on the setting 5. setting 1 makes to ride better then factory. )
20x9.5 with nitto wheels
LT. Model
Just added Chrome Top half mirrors, And denali chrome ( real chrome ) door handles.
http://www.jpcustoms.com/store/custo...me.php?cat=352

Make sure you tell them I sent you. ( troy from D4Today. )
painted bow tows, trenz grill.
New is Katzskin full two-tone leather. and custom 10in sub. All molded. Looks factory. ( will take pic. and post soon.
have 8900 miles on it.
almost done.
if you have any question please ask.
Here are some pic.
i hope the picture looks ok..
also has anyone seen the vents that you double side tape on?
the site above have the real thing, just really dont want to cutt venders right now.: )

[IMG]local://upfiles/2770/40423D7ABEAB447FA5C23E192E551C6B.jpg[/IMG]
Old August 1st, 2006, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Has anyone figured out how to override the DVD shutoff that prevents you from watching DVD's when the Tahoe is in drive?

Thanks for the help

MikenHouston
Old August 1st, 2006, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

on a factory deck? or on the pineer Z1
Old August 1st, 2006, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

im also looking for the stick on vent covers...only place ive seen them is on regency models...called regency and they wont sell them seperate
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:04 AM
CF Active Member

As another post in this thread mentioned, the chrome handles are a factory GM part intended for the 2007 Escalade or Denali. They list for about $45.00 each from the dealer. I got mine on ebay. I recall paying about $148.00 including shipping. GM provides rather vague instructions in the box with the handles. Most of the difficulty is in doing the first handle, which is mostly figuring out how things snap together and carefully trying not to damage things. All you need is a slim flat screw driver and maybe a dental pick for prying and 10mm sockets/wrenches. It took me about 45 minutes to do the first one and another 45 minutes to do all three of the remaining handles.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2787/CEF06B635D9D4BA2AE76811609193C68.jpg[/IMG]
Old August 3rd, 2006, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

I love those chrome handles!!

Quick Reply: Your '07 mods...