Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

'04 Suburban-need help diy aux cord

Search this Thread

Old July 7th, 2017, 8:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 Suburban-need help diy aux cord

We have the stock Bose stereo system and it is not aux capable; I think. There are obviously youtube videos on how to do it which seems dirt cheap and incredibly easy? Has anyone else done this? I just dont want to mess anything up. I love my truck.
Old July 7th, 2017, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by autumnrstarr
We have the stock Bose stereo system and it is not aux capable; I think. There are obviously youtube videos on how to do it which seems dirt cheap and incredibly easy? Has anyone else done this? I just don't want to mess anything up. I love my truck.
Hi there,
I know there's an adapter that you can find on eBay or one of those sights that allows for adding an auxiliary output through the CD changer/ DVD port on the back of the factory stereo. I had one on my 2004 LT suburban with Bose speaker system and it sounded amazing. However they are pretty pricey but at least you get to keep your stock setup with all the steering wheel controls and OnStar options if you have it. Most people don't realize that those stock radios control a lot of the convenience options in those vehicles such as door chimes, blinker reminder, seat-belt warning, exit door lock etc. If you care about those features keep the stock, but if that doesn't bother you just replace your head unit with aftermarket. The sound quality of purchasing the adapter interface is much better than using those crappy FM transmitter aux devices trust me. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
AJ

Last edited by Navi08/Burban07; July 7th, 2017 at 2:33 PM.