Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2000 CHEVY SUBURBAN electronic advice necessary

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2016, 4:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 CHEVY SUBURBAN electronic advice necessary

Hi in my 2000 chevy suburban have installed aftermarket radio.

My problem is in the car have some kind of emergency button sepaprately form the radio.
when i start the car the radio is working but a couple seconds later just silence. if I push the Red cross button, sometime the sound come back and I can listening the radio for the next stop.
But sometime I try to push the button but nothing happen. just silence. like I can listening music when the car want me to listen.
I tried to disconnect these buttons because I do not use them but just silence.
The radio is brand new and it was tested with one another car and the radio is work perfect.
I was checking the owners book but there is nothing about this buttons.
Anyone some idea how to disable these buttons or how to solve my problem?

Or some explanations what is exactly these buttons?
Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot
Attached Thumbnails 2000 CHEVY SUBURBAN  electronic advice necessary-13105987_10207810735579075_701002465_o.jpg  
Old April 30th, 2016, 4:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the radio is wired in wrong.
the buttons are for the onstar system. a normally working system should mute the radio when the onstar button is pressed.
Old April 30th, 2016, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks the answer.

the connector sold is connector for chevy trucks/suv. the connector is perfect fit to the car connector.
The connector wire colored originaly by the manufacutrer.
the radio connector wires is the same colors like the car connector.
All the wires connected to the same color wire.
all the wires soldered and connected as well .
if I push the button once a time evrithing works perfect like it should, the next time it is not.
There are 3 other connectors behind the radio what i not using it. / I guess is the casette player and the back seat contorl panel but there is no place to connect on aftermarket radio.
4 wire for the power the others is for the speakers
only one orange wire hanging by itself.

Old July 12th, 2016, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

So. first of all, before you start working on your car you have to know what kind of system in your car. In my case is a suburban with on star and original premium sound system with ampplifier in glove box.

May someone interresting so I write it down the solution.

The harness what necessary you can get in any auto part store. The wiring it is easy. connect the same colors on your harness to the aftermarket radio wires. / EXCEPT THE BLUE WIRE ON YOUR AFTERMARKET RADIO /

The tricky part coming.

these kind of cars with amp has a remote cable, which turns on and off the amp when you turn on and off your radio.

You have to find the remote wire and connect to the blue wire on your aftermarket radio. / technicians calling this bypass/

on your car when your remove your factory radio, there is one primary and one secondary harness.

you have to looking for one pink wire on the primary harness . if there is not, you have to looking for PINK or ORANGE wire on the SECONDARY harness. / in my case it was one pink wire on the secondary harness. /

you have to cut that wire and connect to the blue wire on your aftermarket radio.

if you did it well youraftermarket radio should work perfectly like mine.

tags: / DO NOT CUT ANY ORANGE WIRE ON YOUR PRIMARY HARNESS IT CAN DESTROY YOUR RADIO OR MAKE BIGGER DAMAGE ON YOUR CAR. /

DO THIS JOB JUST YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY.

any wire what has no connection insulate well. you do not wanna sort out something.

IF YOU NOT SURE ASK MORE PEOPLE ON FORUMS or more research

if necessary I can attach some pictures. /let me know/

Good luck