Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2001 Suburban Removal of rear passenger door liner

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2014, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Suburban Removal of rear passenger door liner

Okay, I just did this on the passenger door or a 2001 suburban.
1. Gently pry up the cover on the lock and the electric window opener.
2. Unplug the window opener.
3. Pry up the cover of the door handle.
4. Remove the two small screws, one near the door handle and the other on the lower LEFT corner of the door. (there is a larger screw holding the door handle in place..its not necessary to remove it)

All you have to do is lift up on the entire door liner. There are no plastic/nylon locks. NO prying necessary. The panel is hanging on about 6 large plastic hooks so just gently lift straight up using one hand on the interior door handle and one hand on the bottom and the thing lifts right out. The small courtesy light half way down the door will be plugged in, so before you can walk away with the liner you have to unplug that light after lifting the panel up.

Caution...the black glue on the secondary interior clear plastic liner is very messy so be careful handling that part. I replaced the window motor and it works great although a pretty challenging job. Have fun
Old June 2nd, 2014, 7:49 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

dubbs900 Welcome to the forum and thanks for the helpful tip!
Old October 12th, 2014, 2:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just tried it and it worked like a charm. Thanks!

Originally Posted by dubbs900
Okay, I just did this on the passenger door or a 2001 suburban.
1. Gently pry up the cover on the lock and the electric window opener.
2. Unplug the window opener.
3. Pry up the cover of the door handle.
4. Remove the two small screws, one near the door handle and the other on the lower LEFT corner of the door. (there is a larger screw holding the door handle in place..its not necessary to remove it)

All you have to do is lift up on the entire door liner. There are no plastic/nylon locks. NO prying necessary. The panel is hanging on about 6 large plastic hooks so just gently lift straight up using one hand on the interior door handle and one hand on the bottom and the thing lifts right out. The small courtesy light half way down the door will be plugged in, so before you can walk away with the liner you have to unplug that light after lifting the panel up.

Caution...the black glue on the secondary interior clear plastic liner is very messy so be careful handling that part. I replaced the window motor and it works great although a pretty challenging job. Have fun