Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2007 Tahoe 4x4 LTZ DTC U0101 lost communication with TCM

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2015, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe 4x4 LTZ DTC U0101 lost communication with TCM

Ok here goes first off I would like to thank all those who help with my problem. So yesterday I was in Detroit and was in the vehicle watching a movie for about half an hour with my children while my wife was Christmas shopping and when she came out we left the parking lot and started to drive we got about 200 yards down the road and the Service Stabilitrac light came on and the Service traction control and the check engine light came on. So I pulled over and checked what I could but could not find anything wrong. Then today I got my scanner out and plugged it in and got a DTC of U0101. I was not sure what that was so I went to my old garage here in Sarnia and used their Snap-on Scanner and got the same code now I looked the code up and it said lost communication with TCM. Ok so here is a list of what is going on with my truck.

1, the transmission seems like it is taking off in second gear
I am having to bring the revs up to around 1600 RPM to take off from a stop.

2, The back up camera does not work and back up beeper also not working

3, the rear lift gate will not open but the glass portion does.

4, the power door locks will not unlock when I put vehicle in park

5, the gear selector does not show me what gear I am in.

6, the auto start does not work

7, the rear park assist switch light flashes when ever I push it to activate or deactivate it.

I think that is all but there may be more that I haven't noticed yet.
Now everything in that list was working fine until yesterday.
So when I hooked up to the Snap-on Scanner today I read the codes and then cleared them to see if this was just an intermittent thing. And unfortunately the same lights came right back on again immediately. PLEASE can someone give me some guidance here? I have been trying to figure this out all day. I have checked all the fuses under the hood and under the dash, I got up under the dash and looked for loose/damaged wiring around the Power Pedals and around the E brake mechanism, I got under the truck and checked for and loose/damaged wires on the transmission. I am stuck as to where to go next so PLEASE if you have and Ideas on what I can try or do next please let me know. It might be even easier to talk over the phone so here my phone number is 613-485-0250 my name is Jamie.

Thank you for listening/reading my post and I look forward to someones help with this matter.

Last edited by tazcbr; December 14th, 2015 at 5:43 PM.
Old May 13th, 2016, 11:15 AM
CF Beginner

BUMP.....After sitting for a few weeks, my batteries went dead on my 2003 2500hd, and am having nearly same exact problems......this happened once before, and the problem straightened itself out the next day, but not this time.
any help appreciated, thanks guys
Old May 13th, 2016, 7:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

post the codes that are set and provide the modules the codes are set in.

ie. dtc uXXXX set in bcm....lost communication wih tcm
Old May 14th, 2016, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

thank you......sorry I do not remember the code (checked last week) however it was lost communication with transmission control module.
I will run back down to the shop and write the number down this time.
Old March 10th, 2023, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tazcbr
Ok here goes first off I would like to thank all those who help with my problem. So yesterday I was in Detroit and was in the vehicle watching a movie for about half an hour with my children while my wife was Christmas shopping and when she came out we left the parking lot and started to drive we got about 200 yards down the road and the Service Stabilitrac light came on and the Service traction control and the check engine light came on. So I pulled over and checked what I could but could not find anything wrong. Then today I got my scanner out and plugged it in and got a DTC of U0101. I was not sure what that was so I went to my old garage here in Sarnia and used their Snap-on Scanner and got the same code now I looked the code up and it said lost communication with TCM. Ok so here is a list of what is going on with my truck.

1, the transmission seems like it is taking off in second gear
I am having to bring the revs up to around 1600 RPM to take off from a stop.

2, The back up camera does not work and back up beeper also not working

3, the rear lift gate will not open but the glass portion does.

4, the power door locks will not unlock when I put vehicle in park

5, the gear selector does not show me what gear I am in.

6, the auto start does not work

7, the rear park assist switch light flashes when ever I push it to activate or deactivate it.

I think that is all but there may be more that I haven't noticed yet.
Now everything in that list was working fine until yesterday.
So when I hooked up to the Snap-on Scanner today I read the codes and then cleared them to see if this was just an intermittent thing. And unfortunately the same lights came right back on again immediately. PLEASE can someone give me some guidance here? I have been trying to figure this out all day. I have checked all the fuses under the hood and under the dash, I got up under the dash and looked for loose/damaged wiring around the Power Pedals and around the E brake mechanism, I got under the truck and checked for and loose/damaged wires on the transmission. I am stuck as to where to go next so PLEASE if you have and Ideas on what I can try or do next please let me know. It might be even easier to talk over the phone so here my phone number is 613-485-0250 my name is Jamie.

Thank you for listening/reading my post and I look forward to someones help with this matter.
Can you tell me what ever ended up being the fix for this? Mine just started doing the same thing. The shop immediately says new transmission. But I am skeptical due to when the stabili trac light is off it shifts perfect.