Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2009 Tahoe - Cruise Control not working after replacing brake switch

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2017, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2009 Tahoe - Cruise Control not working after replacing brake switch

I have looked through other threads and other forums and found that the number one culprit of cruise control not working has been associated with a bad brake switch. My cruise control light on the steering wheel comes on but the cruise will not set and the indicator light on dash does not come on as well. I replaced the brake switch and still nothing. All the brake lights work, I have checked all fuses and they are all good. I read in one post somewhere that a guy got his to work by moving the adjustable pedals into the closest position. I did this and the cruise worked only for one short test drive and then didn't work after that. Any ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike
Old May 20th, 2017, 7:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

no obvious broken wires at the brake switch?

you really need a scan tool to view the switch inputs. You can watch the switch data and see the change with the scan tool. this confirms switch, wiring are ok.