Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

'89 Chevy Suburban R1500 TBI Leaking Fuel

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2019, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '89 Chevy Suburban R1500 TBI Leaking Fuel

Thanks to any and everyone in advance for taking the time to help me out with their knowledge.

'89 Burb R1500 5.7L 350 is dripping fuel directly on the throttle cable spring and collecting on the manifold. All gaskets have been replaced and both injectors are new. A thorough inspection x 6 shows no fuel leaking anywhere else. ONLY dripping off the throttle cable spring. I'm baffled or just dense. Did I miss a gasket somewhere? Something loose and needs adjustment? Head scratching.....
Old July 18th, 2019, 2:32 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigtank
Thanks to any and everyone in advance for taking the time to help me out with their knowledge.

'89 Burb R1500 5.7L 350 is dripping fuel directly on the throttle cable spring and collecting on the manifold. All gaskets have been replaced and both injectors are new. A thorough inspection x 6 shows no fuel leaking anywhere else. ONLY dripping off the throttle cable spring. I'm baffled or just dense. Did I miss a gasket somewhere? Something loose and needs adjustment? Head scratching.....
Replace TBI unit. Its gone just like a carb. Body is worn out after 30 years.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; July 18th, 2019 at 2:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bigtank (July 27th, 2019)
Old July 18th, 2019, 2:46 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

"Replace TBI unit. Its gone just like a carb. Body is worn out after 30 years."
That would be also my response.
Old July 27th, 2019, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
"Replace TBI unit. Its gone just like a carb. Body is worn out after 30 years."
That would be also my response.
Sorry for the delayed response. Out of town work. I figured the TBI was finished. Everything else on it worked sweet including the original injectors which I replaced anyway. Thanks for your reply and help.
Old July 27th, 2019, 6:35 PM
CF Beginner

Sorry for the delayed response. I figured the TBI was gone. Just trying to save the original part. Everything else on it works sweet. New it is.
Thank you for your help.