Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Climate control swap. Old model to newer model

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2018, 6:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Climate control swap. Old model to newer model

Hello. I have this idea in my head which I am wondering if it's even possible. I do customized car audio fabrication and I am currently working to design a new dash to center console build. I am not a fan of the current climate control on my 2008 Chevy Suburban. Looks out of date compared to the rest of the truck. I was thinking on how possible it would be to take a climate control from a 2015 Chevy Tahoe and swap that with my current. I am sure it is possible depending on the wiring and such. I am no expert at this (Climate control wiring) and would like to see if anybody can confirm this can be done and how hard or simple it would be.
Old July 12th, 2018, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

if the 15 is a different body style then forget it....the hvac modules are on a CAN network bus communication systems. It would be like putting combining a MAC and PC. Even if they were the same generation...it would require dealer programming for multiple modules, adding sensors and wiring.

Last edited by tech2; July 12th, 2018 at 10:43 PM.