Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

GM LockPick, 5th Generation

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2010, 8:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the lock pick on my 07 Silverado before I traded it in. I was excited to get it, however it only worked about 50% of the time for a few months and then it quit working altogether. When I traded the Silverado I let it go as I had no intention of installing it in the Suburban.
Old November 29th, 2010, 3:11 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 8rings
I had the lock pick on my 07 Silverado before I traded it in. I was excited to get it, however it only worked about 50% of the time for a few months and then it quit working altogether. When I traded the Silverado I let it go as I had no intention of installing it in the Suburban.
I appreciate your response. I have givin up on it too. I just leave it hooked up in the system because it doesn't interfer with anything. It just doesn't do anything.
Thanks, Fritz
Old December 8th, 2010, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
I'd like the Esky CHMSL better if the whole thing lit up. Not sure what the purpose of the red on either side is. Still looking for a set of Esky/Denali luggage rack rails.
Hi, I'm back. I ordered a Alpha-Therm Heater model: AT-37GM and it installed in 10 min.
Everything plucked in perfectly and it works like a charm. My dash control switch / circuit works just like the original did.
Thanks again for directing me to Alpha Therm. I hope other Tahoe owners with this option see this Blog.
Old December 10th, 2010, 6:16 PM
CF Beginner

To: 73Shark
Remember when I ask about GM LockPick 5th Generation?
Well somebody on this Forum (sorry but I can't find it again) had the answer.
If you have the LockPick installed and put in a DVD then start driving in "D" within 10-15 seconds you get the message about DVD/Driver lock-out on the front dispaly. If you wait for this message and then push the "Mute" button 4 times it DOES enable the movie screen while driving. It will show a movie until you turn off the ignition. You can also input addresses while driving into the navigation system. When restarting the vehicle just wait for the lock-out message and push the "mute" button 4 times and it will work again
Old January 13th, 2011, 2:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default Fluid Heater

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was in Mexico on vacation.
I installed my new fluid heater and it works perfect with my OEM control circuit. I live in Colorado and just went through a snow storm. It was easy to clear ice and frost off the windshield.
Concerning the ESKY CHMSL, I wonder who manufactured the light for Cadillac. I would contact them and ask if they could modify the light by filling-in the 5 non-working LED places on each side.
Concerning my original question about GM Lockpick 5th Generation: I found the answer someplace (sorry I forgot where) in this Forum and it works like a charm. After installation and programming the switched as per instructions, all I had to do is push the sound system on/off switch on the steering wheel 4 times after driving in "D" for about 30 seconds. I can now input info into the navigation unit while driving and also watch a movie while driving. However I do not recommend this for the driver, but its ok for the passanger if the driver keeps his attention on the road. It's a question of self control.
Old January 13th, 2011, 9:52 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

I never understood why the Esky CHMSL didn't have LEDs all the way across either. Wonder how hard it would be to get in there to put some in?