Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

intermittent sound

Search this Thread

Old September 27th, 2013, 12:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intermittent sound

Nothing urgent, but weird.
ISSUE AT HAND:: My front 2 door speakers come on when they want to. Why and how i don't know. In my head im thinking, they are out. But some days i could be driving and they just come on. And im like wtf? Music actually sounds better with them playing. So i tried tapping my door; nothing!
Tried tapping radio; nothing. So im like wtf. When it does work, it works. I can turn truck off, then back on, and its working. But if it isn't working, it isn't working, i have no way to make it work.
The speakers cant be out, because they don't sound like it at all, I know what speakers that are out sound like. tweeters work just fine. Rear speakers work fine with the exception that one may be busted in back. (i can hear the rattle with bass playing)
So my thing is this, Are these speakers on an amp i don't know about, and maybe have a bad connection?? Or is this a HU issue that's known. Regardless im getting a pioneer put in there, but in the mean time, id like to enjoy my factory till maybe January or Feb.
Old September 27th, 2013, 3:31 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Do you have the Bose system?
I'd pull the head unit out and unplug and plug everything back in...
I think the Bose system has the amp built in with the sub that is under the center console.. could try checking those connections too...

Keep in mind when you replace the head unit with aftermarket all warranties could be voided if you have electrical issues that you take it to the dealer for...
Old September 28th, 2013, 3:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Ugh!!!! .. I dont think I have a sub.. isnt that an ltz package?
Old September 28th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

No I have the LT with the Bose ... Your windshield speakers will say Bose them if you have the Bose and the Bose has the sub...
Old April 16th, 2014, 2:17 PM
CF Beginner

Same issue with the Bose system, sometimes the front speakers work and other they don't. Getting ready to replace base radio with factory NAV unit this weekend, will see if plugs seem lose at that time. As bad as it sounds I'm glade I'm not the only one..

Just got the truck a week ago...
Old April 16th, 2014, 2:51 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi indie1138,

I am sorry to hear of this concern with your newly purchased vehicle! Please keep us posted on this concern. We are happy to assist further if needed.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by indie1138
Same issue with the Bose system, sometimes the front speakers work and other they don't. Getting ready to replace base radio with factory NAV unit this weekend, will see if plugs seem lose at that time. As bad as it sounds I'm glade I'm not the only one..

Old April 20th, 2014, 9:42 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by indie1138

New NAV unit installed, all plugs were/are tight wires look to be in good shape. Sound was very good for 2 days then dropped out again last night. I started the car and it had full sound then about 30 seconds in it dropped the front speakers.

I thought I might have hit the drivers kick panel getting in the car so I gave it a couple of kicks and the sound came back then dropped out again.

It was late and so I just drove away, the road is not that good and after hitting a rough sport the sound came back and stayed on until I reached home. This all point to some kind of short.

First question: Is there any sound system components behind the drivers side kick panel on a 2007 Tahoe LTZ?

Second question: How do you get to the Bose amp to check the plugs on it?
Old April 22nd, 2014, 2:24 PM
CF Junior Member

I dont know how to get to the amp and all that. Because i have the LT that doesnt come with all the amps and subs. I come to find out they had 2 different LT packages.
What i did do was replace my HU with a Pioneer, and it still played when it wanted to play. So now, i have replaced all the door speakers with Pioneers, and now they all work. Fixed my problems. They said my speakers had played out their life. So if i were you, id go get a used cheap speaker and plug it in to the front door, and see if that works. Your speakers might just be going out.!