Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Mirror Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2017, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Mirror Upgrade

Just curious to know. I have an 07 Tahoe LS. I want to upgrade the mirrors from factory powered to powered with the signal light. Has anyone attempted this or know if its possible?
Old September 19th, 2017, 5:58 AM
CF Beginner

Default Mirror upgrade

Hello, I too, am interested in upgrading my mirrors, I have a 01 suburban, I want to piggyback off your question to see if I can do the same for my truck. .. I will keep watch for any information to maybe help us both. ... I was told that there are after market signal indicators,that can be added to the mirrors and hooked up to the turn signals. ... off eBay. .
Old September 19th, 2017, 5:45 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

'00-'06 trucks need to have wiring added if you want functional turn signal mirrors. I upgraded my '01 Burb to the HD towing mirrors, but no turn signals. Job was easy - just pop off the little triangle trim piece on the interior door panel, and that exposes the plug and bolts.
Mirror Upgrade-puarsab.jpg

'07-'13 trucks are plug n play for turn signal mirrors. I upgraded to HD tow mirrors on both of my trucks. It's more involved, because the mirrors plug into the window switches in the arm rests, so you have to remove the entire interior door panel to do it. I bought all my mirrors at 1aauto, they've held up well, and they have a great video on YouTube with step-by-step instructions on the replacement.
Mirror Upgrade-fomagjn.jpg
Old September 20th, 2017, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default Mirror upgrade

So for the 01,is it just a matter of tapping into the turn signals and /or park lights ?
Old September 20th, 2017, 9:55 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronald Bullock
So for the 01,is it just a matter of tapping into the turn signals and /or park lights ?
Yes, and obviously running those wires up to the plug, figuring out where to connect the wires inside the plug, or do lots of splicing. Seemed like a lot of effort for something as small as signal mirrors.
Old March 24th, 2018, 11:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default Barn door led taillights

Hello my good friends, I want / need some help. ... I am looking for some led taillights for my Chevy suburban, it has barn doors and it is a 2001.... everywhere I look, I see won't fit the barn doors. .. however, I have seen leds on barn door suburbans. ... if anyone has any information about this, can you please help me out and put me on the right path ? I prefer the clear lenses as opposed to the smoked or black lenses. ... thanks again for the help....