Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

OEM Reverse Back-up Camera (Full Parts List)

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2007, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OEM Reverse Back-up Camera (Full Parts List)

Bravoooooooooo guys!!

I have one question...

Does the OEM camera still uses 4 wires as the Kenwood?? If yes, what are the colors for these wires...

As my personal guess, if i want to use the OEM camera, there will be four wires... One is power (with the 12V/ 6volt coverter), ground, and the 2 wires that will goes all the way up to the head unit Connector C4 pin number6 and 7.. Am i right?? If yes, does any one know the wire colors for the OEM camera?

To my understanding, i don't need any GM harness.. I just can build my own harness with the converter... Right??

Thanks in advanced!
Mish
Old November 8th, 2007, 8:13 AM
CF Beginner

i am installing a license plate camera, and am curious as to where to find the reverse wire is located inside the cabin? i dont really want to run an extra from the rear if i dont have too.

Thanks

Troy
Old November 21st, 2007, 12:36 AM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: gm_geek

For those who wants to get a little taste of what it takes to install factory back up camera. here is a little info for you guys.

http://gmgeek.com/files/07_back_up_camera_install.pdf
Any one has this file??

I need some pics to see how to remove the gate panel...
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

ORIGINAL: EZname

ORIGINAL: gm_geek

For those who wants to get a little taste of what it takes to install factory back up camera. here is a little info for you guys.

http://gmgeek.com/files/07_back_up_camera_install.pdf
Any one has this file??

I need some pics to see how to remove the gate panel...
Welcome to the Tahoe forum. You might try sending a PM to gmgeek.
Old December 6th, 2007, 3:53 AM
CF Beginner

Hi guys,

First, i want to thank everyone in this forum!

I went to buy the Kenwood CCD-900 camera.. It seems that Kenwood discontinued this camera and Kenwood released a newer camera (CCD-2000).. I was able to compare them side by side... The 2000 is smaller and the control is much smaller as well... I didn't try it yet since i'm waiting for the JP wire but i will keep you guys updated! Here is the camera after many hours of fun work!

Here is a picture:

Also, i was wondering if GM sell the OEM camera braket by it self (Without the camera)... Look at this picture, any one can help?

Third question, Does anyone know the P/N for this connector and the P/N for the wires?
Old December 6th, 2007, 5:03 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

RE: your question about a separate OEM brkt, you should check with your parts counter guy. He can look it up very easily.
Old December 6th, 2007, 7:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys,

First, i want to thank everyone in this forum!

I went to buy the Kenwood CCD-900 camera.. It seems that Kenwood discontinued this camera and Kenwood released a newer camera (CCD-2000).. I was able to compare them side by side... The 2000 is smaller and the control is much smaller as well... I didn't try it yet since i'm waiting for the JP wire but i will keep you guys updated! Here is the camera after many hours of fun work!

Here is a picture:

Also, i was wondering if GM sell the OEM camera braket by it self (Without the camera)... Look at this picture, any one can help?

Third question, Does anyone know the P/N for this connector and the P/N for the wires?
Email your pic to gmpartsdirect.com. They should be able to give you the part numbers
Old December 6th, 2007, 7:28 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a picture:

Be sure to seal the hole up to keep the weather and your exhaust from entering your vehicle.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 8:31 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am going to post this here because I know there are a lot of subscribers to this thread and I need a quick answer so I can get the install on its way.

Can someone provide some insight on where I can wire my rear view camera up to a good power and ground source in the rear of the vehicle? It can be in the rear hatch, or somewhere on the right side rear interior of the vehicle.

Would the aux outlet on the right rear hatch work? I dont know if it is constant or what not, nor do I know if it needs to be constant. But if someone can provide some insight that would make the install a lot quicker and easier if I can use it.

I used the HVAC power and ground last time and would like to avoid running hthe wires all the way to the dash. Thanks.
Old February 18th, 2008, 12:42 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just TRIED to install the CCD-2000 on my tahoe. I had no problems with the Kenwood ccd-900, however the ccd-2000 is giving me all kinds of trouble.

I have it completely installed. HOwever, on the screen while in reverse I get a black screen, but not the black screen as if there is no camera. It is a black screen with lines through it. The lines arent constant, they move around, kind of like squigly lines that go up and down the screen. I have checked every connection multiple times. I cant find a thing wrong.

I did use GMGeeks idea of using the pink and blue wire behind the passenger kick panel. But other than that it is the same install as my last ccd-900.

Does anyone have any ideas why I am not getting a picture? Could it be the camera itself? What about the video box? Damn this is aggrevating. I had it all installed in a little over an hour. I have spend 4 hours trying to figure out why the hell i am not getting a picture. Or should I say a clear picture. Again, the screen is different from just the sold black screen when no camera is installed and the nav camera option is turned on. This is more of a fuzzy screen.

Quick Reply: OEM Reverse Back-up Camera (Full Parts List)