Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Question about 4th row in a Suburban

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2017, 9:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about 4th row in a Suburban

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, and the GM world. Just picked up an '03 suburban. I need to put a 4th row in the back, and I am looking at options now.

I have read that there are a few options for the 4th row - one of which is to install another 3rd-row seat. Does anyone here have any experience or happen to know if the dimensions would work???

I would like to put a split bench in back so that I could have 1 side down for storage or groceries when needed. However, when I search for 3rd-row seats that are year appropriate, none of them are split the way that I want. Those all appear to be later.

Any advice on this would be very helpful.
Old April 26th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

If you plan on putting passengers in this fourth row seat, you might want to check with your insurance company because it may invalidate any coverage. You also might want to check with your State's Licensing Laws.

The problem is that there are no GM tested and NHTSA approved anchor points for an additional seat.
Old May 1st, 2017, 5:13 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Agree - totally illegal, your insurance company wouldn't cover you, and I doubt you'd find anything that has been crash certified.

If you need that many seats, suck it up and get a fullsize van. You can't drive cool vehicles if you have a large family.