Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Radio NAV Display Intermintant 2007 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2011, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio NAV Display Intermintant 2007 Suburban

I have a 2007 Suburban 2500 with every option avaialble. Problem is the Radio Nav display will not light up nor will radio or Nav work either when the display goes out, seems it looses power, this happens maybe once every 2-3 weeks, let it sit for an hour or two and it works great on re-start. When it goes out the park assit goes out as well, cannot be engaged and is displayed on the dash readout as well......any suggestions ?
Old December 28th, 2011, 7:53 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Possible loose or crossed wire? It is difficult to diagnose an issue like this without a physical inspection. I am not currently showing any known radio/navigation problems in Suburban vehicles in my resources. I would encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A technician should be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis. Please keep us posted.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 29th, 2011, 9:24 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Possible loose or crossed wire? It is difficult to diagnose an issue like this without a physical inspection. I am not currently showing any known radio/navigation problems in Suburban vehicles in my resources. I would encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A technician should be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis. Please keep us posted.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Thanks, I think it must be a power problem somewhere in the vehicle, due to the park assit going out at the same time, I can't imagine there would be any connection between the radio and the parking assit besides a common power connection.......Regards.......John
Old April 2nd, 2012, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by alpinejohn
Thanks, I think it must be a power problem somewhere in the vehicle, due to the park assit going out at the same time, I can't imagine there would be any connection between the radio and the parking assit besides a common power connection.......Regards.......John
Hello-
DId you ever resolve this issue? THe exact thing started happening to me after a dead battery and a jump. No chimes, Nav, backup assist. Trying to find a solution. It's out of warranty of course. Previous to this, the truck died on the freeway, suspected intermittent fuel pump issues at the time, but now i'm wondering if they're related. Has 80k miles.
Old April 3rd, 2012, 5:21 AM
CF Beginner

No I have not, problem has not cropped up again since original posting, plus I have not had time to go digging after it.
Old April 4th, 2012, 7:09 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by alpinejohn
No I have not, problem has not cropped up again since original posting, plus I have not had time to go digging after it.
ok, well i'm sure you did the same thign, but i went through and was pulling fuses related to audio. When i put them back in, it was fine.... we'll see how long it lasts... THanks for the response.
Old April 5th, 2012, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

Yes, If you find somehing please lets me know........Regards.....John