Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Suction sound

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2014, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Suction sound

Hey Ya'll.

I have a 2004 chevy tahoe; basic model with 4.8L. Just hit my 100K miles. I have been hearing a suction sound it is loud enough that i have to turn up the radio volume to mask the noise.

The suction sound can be heard from inside the cabin (ill be going underneath the truck tomorrow in hope of pin-pointing the location). Im going to try and describe the location of the sound; the suction appears to becoming from underneath the truck between the passenger and the driver. My tahoe has the 3rd seat options; so, if you picture someone seating on that 3rd seat, the suction sound would be directly underneath their feet.

i had only noticed the suction sound about a month ago. tThe sound can be heard when the truck is at a stop on drive, stopped and in parked and when the car is turn -off. this occurse 90% of the time. the noise will stop about an hour after the car was turned off "after it has cooled" (I used "" because when i start the car in the morning or after an hour or so the sound is gone). i have put my hand over the mentioned area and i can feel the beat against my hand.

That is pretty much it. not to much information.
any suggestions would be helpful and will help in the search of the noise.

will repost more with my findings.

Last edited by jesse23; April 30th, 2014 at 11:17 PM.