Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

2000 Tracker-Soft Top Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2020, 4:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Tracker-Soft Top Conversion?

Greets Fellow Forum Users:
I'm contemplating purchasing a 2000 (removable) Hard Top Tracker. My wish is to permanently convert it to soft top. Most online forums speak of going from soft to hard conversion, which is the reverse of what I'm asking. Wondering if this is a simple, reasonably inexpensive conversion, or if it involves more or is not advisable?Basically looking to use it as a Summer-time vehicle and the current hard top cannot be realistically transported within the vehicle confines (too big). Any other general reliability or pro's & con's with respect to this model year Tracker are appreciated.
Best, Darrin.
Old February 4th, 2020, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Hi, I have a tracker with soft tops and I love it! I would be interested in buying the hard tops from you for the winters if you decide you don’t need them.
Old February 7th, 2020, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

Teh hard part is getting the plastic mounting that attach the top to the body of the tracker. New canvas is attainable, the rest of it is scarce at the salvage yards. I just got a complete set and at that one bolt hole is broken. A friend says he can duplicate the pieces on a 3D printer, I have no idea yet but if he does I will touch base with you.
Old February 7th, 2020, 10:06 PM
CF Beginner

I know there’s a guy that makes them out of fiberglass, but I spoke to the guy at Tracker ranch in Texas and he told me that he’s in the process of having molds made to duplicate the original plastic moldings. Anyway good luck!
Old February 13th, 2020, 8:37 AM
CF Beginner

The 3D printer idea fell through. I repaired the one broken hole on the back right rail so it all works good. I had some pieces left over I am going to get rid of. Was curious if there is a place to sell tracker stuff on this forum? Will look further and if not I guess it will be on EBAY.
Old February 13th, 2020, 9:03 AM
CF Beginner

There is a classified section and if you do want to sell the hardtops let me know. Good luck with your tracker, I love mine.