Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

2003 Tracker 2dr 2wd Base - Question about rear seat belts

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2022, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2003 Tracker 2dr 2wd Base - Question about rear seat belts

I bought a 2003 Tracker 2 door 2wd base model convertible. I didn't notice until after I bought it that the seat belts in the back seat were cut. I have no idea why anyone would do that, but most of the vehicle is in excellent condition. It has 269,000 miles but I was told over 200,000 miles was being towed by the original owners behind an RV. I believe it because the pedals have little wear, the interior and body are almost perfect, and the engine runs really good. Anyway, I want to fix the rear seat belts as cheap as possible, and i see on ebay there's some aftermarket sets for around $70 complete that say they fit. OEM seat belts are about $120+ each side. Has anyone bought a cheaper-than-OEM aftermarket set that works? They won't be used much but I'd like to have something back there. This is one set I'm looking at: https://www.ebay.com/itm/304412006666
Old April 28th, 2022, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

Default Seat belts

Are you aware of highway 83 Suzuki parts.com that guy I'm fairly certain has seat belts that you can buy they'll be used but in good condition and he often is available on both YouTube and by phone but I would check him out if I was looking for seat belts
Old April 28th, 2022, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Simply Lesa
Are you aware of highway 83 Suzuki parts.com that guy I'm fairly certain has seat belts that you can buy they'll be used but in good condition and he often is available on both YouTube and by phone but I would check him out if I was looking for seat belts
No, but thanks for the tip. I took apart the rear interior to get at the seat belt retractor and it appears to retract but not dispense the cut seat belt. I measured everything and the one I linked looks like it should fit so I ordered that one already. I'll reply here with a review of those seat belts for anyone else in the future. I'm not expecting much quality but as long as I have some kind of working belt in the back seat it's better than cut belts. I broke two tabs on the plastic sill plate on the bottom of the rear door opening, and I noticed it already had a crack on one end anyway, so maybe that Highway 83 place has one of those, because it's a discontinued part and I can't find one anywhere online.
Old May 7th, 2022, 3:24 PM
CF Beginner

For anyone in the future, I purchased this rear set of two seat belts on ebay for $63.75 (if you watch the item or email seller he might send you that little discount). They fit great and the measurements in the second picture matched perfectly. The only issue was the buckle strap was about 30-40% longer than factory. I wrapped a knot near the anchor point and it's about 1-1.5 inches longer now but it works well. I would imagine it's the same seat belts for 1999-2004.