Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

98 1.6 spun a main bearing

Search this Thread

Old September 7th, 2017, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 1.6 spun a main bearing

Hello. Allow me to introduce myself please, My name is Thomas Stigall and I have been doing shade tree mechanic work for the last 31 years and I have worked as a unlicesned mechanic for a local car lot. I have run into a situation on my girlfriends 98 chevy tacker 1.6 that i've never had to take care of myself. It spun a main bearing, now that i have it all apart it appears to have ruined the bearing seat in the block and main cap. My question is, is there anyway to fix this or would it be cheaper to try to find and buy another engine?
Old September 22nd, 2017, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Up date , it wasnt a main bearing, it was a rod bearing that spun and now im looking for a new or used rod to replace the bad one with. The throw on the crank dosent feel to have been hurt. Anyone know where I might get a rod I have called all the parts stores in my area they dont have and cant get , I have called all the major auto salvage yards here also and they dont have one either.