Coolant leak - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

Coolant leak

Old October 10th, 2018, 11:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default Coolant leak

Bought a 2000 Tracker with 149k miles. 4 door 5 speed 4wd and not sure whether itís a 1.6 or 2.0l engine. Has a coolant leak to the left of the oil filter (standing on driver side looking in engine bay) that I canít seem to pinpoint. I can see the coolant running down the block and it seems to me as it is too low to be the water pump but am not positive. Also, my radio, OBD port, and dome lights do not work at all. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old October 11th, 2018, 12:45 AM
CF Addict

For the radio, OBD port, and dome lights check your fuses. The coolant leak may not be where you see the coolant running down the block as it could travel along the block and be visible at another spot.
Old October 11th, 2018, 8:32 AM
CF Beginner

Oldchevy,

Pulled the necessary fuse initially for cig,radio, etc and it ended up being the 10 amp dome fuse which enabled the other accessories to work. Thanks! I was able to find part of a leak coming from by block heater but there is still a leak near the water pump and ac compressor.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: