Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

Help with values on obdlink sx

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2017, 4:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with values on obdlink sx

Hello. I just received my obdlink sx cable and used it on my 2002 tracker for the first time. There were two trouble codes relating to an oxygen sensor and a catalytic converter. I believe they might have been old codes since I had replaced those items before so I cleared them and there are no codes now. The issue that I am having with the engine is that something is not running right. it shakes alot while it is idling, specially at a stoplight forcing me to put the vehicle in neutral to compensate for the rpm drop from being on drive. The vehicle works fine while driving, it is just the idling. I was able to take a screenshot of the PID values and STATS. Can anyone tell me if these values look normal? Thank you
Old April 7th, 2017, 4:08 PM
CF Beginner

Old April 7th, 2017, 5:20 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Unless it's a plugged up cat, those codes are really just for emissions. I can't read a PID from values, as I need an XY plot. I'd suggest you remove the O2 sensor, see if it improves the exhaust flow/performance. That would tell you if the cat is plugged, which is what I suspect.
Old April 7th, 2017, 6:07 PM
CF Beginner

Great idea! I will try that tomorrow. Thanks.
Old April 7th, 2017, 7:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the pid i would want to look at is iac counts. the iac controls idle speed. I would perform a throttle body clean also.