Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

Not sure what the problem is

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2018, 12:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not sure what the problem is

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a few questions about my 2000 4x4 2.0 Chevy Tracker. I was driving down the road and my tracker started acting odd, It started chugging like it was going to stall out then began to shake/idle funny and I lost all response in the accelerator it finally stalled out leaving me stranded on the side of the road. I was able to restart it a few times but it wouldn't stay running so I had to have it trailered home. I changed the fuel filter and no change also can hear fuel pump kick on as well as checking the pressure and it reads fine. Compression is good and I have spark. Tested the Cam sensor and that is working as it should. Have been charging the battery while I run all these test and it has been holding a charge. I can get it to start sometimes but it's only for roughly 2-3 mins when it does and will not start back up, not throwing any codes either. This one has my head spinning not sure what else to check any help will be greatly appreciated!
Old January 20th, 2018, 3:29 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Try cleaning or replacing your MAF sensor.
Old January 20th, 2018, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Try cleaning or replacing your MAF sensor.
Thanks I've cleaned MAF sensor and throttle body as well as all electrical connections to sensors. It seemed like it would be a sensor because the only time it will start and run (rough) is if I disconnect the battery and reconnect it. But still never seen any codes on the obd11.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 4:49 AM
CF Beginner

Hi, I had almost the same situation with my truck.
I was asking at forums too, many people gave me different recommendations.
But finally nothing helped and I had to go to the service. So there the problem was addressed.
Now I usually go to the service of these guys.https://www.wallworktrucks.com
Maybe you should visit a service centre too.
Old March 13th, 2020, 9:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stalling issues

Not sure if it’s the same, but I had stalling problems when engine was warm and stuck idling for years. Long story short, finally replaced camshaft position sensor, and voila!
Old June 9th, 2020, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Hi did you figure it out? Mine is doing the same thing?