Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

power window fell, wont stay up

Old March 1st, 2019, 11:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default power window fell, wont stay up

My drivers side window fell down on the way home from work the other night and it wont stay up. I was rolling it up at the time and heard a snap/bang and it wouldn't go up no more. Pulled it up with my hands to try and keep the cold out. The next day I tore into it and you can hear the mechanism working and a loose cable moving around. At the end of the cable is a with plastic thing that I cant tell if its broke or not. I wish I could climb inside the door and see whats going on in there. I was pressed for time so I used a piece of wood to wedge the window in the up position until I have more time to fix properly once I KNOW how to fix it properly. Anyone have a diagram of the inside of a door to see how all the stuff in there supposed to be. Thanks.
Old March 1st, 2019, 6:23 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Do you have power windows or hand crank windows?
Old March 2nd, 2019, 2:30 AM
CF Junior Member

I wish I did have crank windows, I hate power windows. But like the title of the thread says "power window fell, wont stay up"
Old March 2nd, 2019, 6:30 AM
CF Senior Member

I apologize for the oversight. It was a long day yesterday and I was really tired when I read your post. Hopefully I am thinking more clearly this morning.

Here is a picture of the left front window regulator. They average around $150 at Rockauto.

This is how the regulator fits in the door. This is an illustration of the passenger door but the driver's door is symmetrical.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 10:47 PM
CF Junior Member

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 5:14 AM
CF Senior Member

Suzuki made replacement a little easier by attaching the regulator to the door with nuts and bolts (Chevy likes to use rivets). The torque values are shown below.

Search this Thread