Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

Tracker wheel options

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2021, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tracker wheel options

I have a 2003 4 door tracker with 215/75R15 100s General AT2 Grabbers. They work great, no problems there.

I'm not sure I'm on stock alloy wheels or not, so I can't tell you my current offset. So lets assume stock wheels. I have body trim that appears to widen the width of the vehicle and my tires and wheels appear too far in the wheel well.

My wish is to find wheels with more offset pushing my wheels out as if I've added spacers. Part aesthetic correction and partly would like to add width to the track.
I DO NOT want to just add spacers. I would prefer to correct this with new wheels. I'm looking for an additional 1" width per side. A total of 2" to the whole track width.

Are there any recommendations on wheels that would run the AT2s and push the offset out an inch? I wouldn't mind at that rate, getting wider tires as well to make up a portion of the offset as well.

Picture of my wheel below.

Mind the sweet rattle can paint job.
Old April 19th, 2021, 9:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New Wheels. Plan ‘B’

Originally Posted by DaveD
I have a 2003 4 door tracker with 215/75R15 100s General AT2 Grabbers. They work great, no problems there.

I'm not sure I'm on stock alloy wheels or not, so I can't tell you my current offset. So lets assume stock wheels. I have body trim that appears to widen the width of the vehicle and my tires and wheels appear too far in the wheel well.

My wish is to find wheels with more offset pushing my wheels out as if I've added spacers. Part aesthetic correction and partly would like to add width to the track.
I DO NOT want to just add spacers. I would prefer to correct this with new wheels. I'm looking for an additional 1" width per side. A total of 2" to the whole track width.

Are there any recommendations on wheels that would run the AT2s and push the offset out an inch? I wouldn't mind at that rate, getting wider tires as well to make up a portion of the offset as well.

Picture of my wheel below.

Mind the sweet rattle can paint job.
Have you calculated the cost of new wheels and the labor to swap the tires?
By my estimates, you are at least $600 into wheels alone.
Plan ‘B’.
Keep your current wheels. Go with 225/75-15 tires...like mine. It looks meatier and still let’s you get into more narrow areas. Wider tire are just going to throw muck up the side of your Tracker.
Just a thought. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Simply Lesa (March 29th, 2022)
Old November 27th, 2021, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the way these tires fit the 2000 Tracker. Haven't used them much looking forward to better weather.

They ride well on the highway and work fine on logging roads, steep grades, and rocky surfaces.
As advertised ..