TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

03 TrailBlazer Rear Noises at start

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2019, 4:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 03 TrailBlazer Rear Noises at start

I have the '03 Chevy Trailblazer, 222,000 miles and runs decently. No major issues other than routine upkeep. I'm the 2nd owner. Anyways, the problem is this weird clicking/thunking noise that occurs whenever the vehice is first started, and lasts approx. 5 min. or so. It comes from the rear passenger side area where the rear speakers (I think) are housed. Its the enclosed area right below the back windows, above the wheels. This mechanical clicking (like plastic on metal, as if something is trying to work/ engage, but just can't quite connect right or turn correctly). It is intermittent clicking, not a steady, even beat. Having radio/AC on doesn't seem to affect it either. Actually, nothing seems to affect the noise. Even beating on the rear area where the sound comes from doesn't help!
If anyone has any idea what could be causing this, or can offer any suggestions on how to silence it if nohting else, please feel free to let me know! I am all for self-maintaining my vehicles when possible, even if "ghetto-rigging" is needed! I don't mind, I just want the noise to cease! Thanks in advance!