TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

06 trail blazer gas gauge down and light on all the time! need advice,

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2011, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from the dealer. Wanted the fuel gauge issue fixed. The dealer told me I'm no longer under warranty. Missed by 8 days!! I shouldn't have listened to the sales guy when I bought the truck. I was under the impression my Certified bumper to bumper wouldn't start until the Manufacturer warranty was done in a few months. I would have brought it in a month ago if I knew that. My first post back in March about this issue but now I lose.

Looks like I'll be diggin in myself, so thanks for all the good info about the fix for this issue.
What is irritating is I miss by 8 days but yet I still have no owners manual a year later when the owners manual is the 2nd item on the 172 point pre owned inspection checklist. Gotta love the dealers
Old August 18th, 2011, 3:01 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by B33p3r
Just got back from the dealer. Wanted the fuel gauge issue fixed. The dealer told me I'm no longer under warranty. Missed by 8 days!! I shouldn't have listened to the sales guy when I bought the truck. I was under the impression my Certified bumper to bumper wouldn't start until the Manufacturer warranty was done in a few months. I would have brought it in a month ago if I knew that. My first post back in March about this issue but now I lose.

Looks like I'll be diggin in myself, so thanks for all the good info about the fix for this issue.
What is irritating is I miss by 8 days but yet I still have no owners manual a year later when the owners manual is the 2nd item on the 172 point pre owned inspection checklist. Gotta love the dealers
Well, you might approach the dealer with this, anyone concerned with future business should at least listen to you.
Old August 19th, 2011, 7:57 AM
CF Beginner

I spent my time yesterday having a discussion with the dealer. all I came home with is a printed out piece of paper that shows all applicable warranties. I wish they gave me that paper when I bought it. They were more worried with me pushing the "onstar" button. Informed them I would push the button when I got my owners manual.
Oh Well, I work for a large global Manufacturer, 2000+ people in our local N.E.Pa plant alone. I will spread the word about what "Fine" service I got after the sale.

Last edited by B33p3r; August 19th, 2011 at 8:28 AM.
Old August 19th, 2011, 1:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I would like to look into this further for you and set up a case. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Old August 19th, 2011, 2:30 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
I would like to look into this further for you and set up a case. In order to do so, I will need some more specific information from you. If you could please send me your full name, address, phone number, the VIN for the vehicle, current mileage, and dealer name via private message, I will be able to take further steps. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
That is very gracious of you! The company I work for would'nt think twice about a warrenty issue this close out. I served jury duty in a lawsuit regarding an air conditioner warrenty, same thing week or so out.
Old September 17th, 2011, 11:05 PM
CF Beginner

Well I don't know if I sent the information Customer service asked me to send, to the right place but I haven't heard a peep since I sent it. Which by the way was the same day I read Her post above. Time will tell.
Old November 10th, 2011, 9:06 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default gas gague problems? i can help

This is a Known issue and chevy have a national campaign as I understand it its a service dept / customer 50-50 split , so it shouldnt cost more than 200 bucks got mine free cuz i bought the truck the day b4
Old November 26th, 2011, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

Most all of the above posts are correct. This is a common problem and GM is offering a 50% split. I had the problem with my '06 Envoy back in June and replaced the sending unit (actually I did the complete fuel pump assembly). The sending unit was "trashed". I just recently received a letter from GM stating they would cover 50% of the part replacement. I am not sure about labor since I replaced it myself so I threw the letter away. There is no additive or majic fix for this problem. The only fix is to replace the sending unit inside the tank, or, as in my case, I just replaced the entire fuel pump assembly since I was already there - but the entire pump replacement is not necessary.

Jack
Old November 27th, 2011, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

I received the 50-50 split letter also but don't have the extra cash to even pay half right now. I'd also be surprised if it only cost me $200.00 at the dealer.
I also received a letter from the dealer I bought my vehicle from. it stated I might be due for service on some of the items on the maintenance schedule. I laughed to myself. This is the same people I placed 2 un-returned calls to and 1 call which I was obviously ignored by someone when I told them I hadn't received an owners manual in my GM Certified Vehicle(Item 2 on the check list) I may sound bitter but there were other things on the checklist that weren't inspected either. Certified vehicle buyer beware.
But anyway, I replied to the email stating I'd be happy to bring it in for the scheduled maintenance but I have no idea what the schedule is for the above reasons.
No More GM for me after this thing!
Old November 27th, 2011, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Also if you read my post 4 up from this one.....no the rep never got back to me!

Quick Reply: 06 trail blazer gas gauge down and light on all the time! need advice,