TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

06 with the V6 back again

Search this Thread

Old October 30th, 2017, 3:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 with the V6 back again

I was here a few months ago with the rear tailgate wiper AND lock not working!

I tried replacing the wiper motor (with A Used Part THEN a Rebuilt Part, THEN A NEW MOTOR) and nothing worked! SO I next replaced the entire tailgate! Then installed a NEW MOTOR, Arm AND blade and now I have wiper BUT STILL NO LOCK!!!

I have a keyless entry system and all the locks work EXCEPT the rear gate! I can close the hatch and cycle the locks with the remote and door buttons and I CAN HEAR THE REAR LOCK actuator cycling but the lock doesn't engage!!! I already used WD40 on all moving parts. I want to sit inside the back and observe what's happening BUT I'm old and handicapped so if I do I'll need to climb out the back seat after I close it to exit the car (unless I recruit someone to let me out again).

I watch a YouTube and that guy simply had a Jammed (cockeyed) mechanism. but mine is different from his because HIS had a key-lock hatch!!!

Please Help ASAP. I could use an informative instructable! I often carry valuables in the back and need the security!!!
Old October 30th, 2017, 4:25 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by warezaholic
I was here a few months ago with the rear tailgate wiper AND lock not working!

I tried replacing the wiper motor (with A Used Part THEN a Rebuilt Part, THEN A NEW MOTOR) and nothing worked! SO I next replaced the entire tailgate! Then installed a NEW MOTOR, Arm AND blade and now I have wiper BUT STILL NO LOCK!!!

I have a keyless entry system and all the locks work EXCEPT the rear gate! I can close the hatch and cycle the locks with the remote and door buttons and I CAN HEAR THE REAR LOCK actuator cycling but the lock doesn't engage!!! I already used WD40 on all moving parts. I want to sit inside the back and observe what's happening BUT I'm old and handicapped so if I do I'll need to climb out the back seat after I close it to exit the car (unless I recruit someone to let me out again).

I watch a YouTube and that guy simply had a Jammed (cockeyed) mechanism. but mine is different from his because HIS had a key-lock hatch!!!

Please Help ASAP. I could use an informative instructable! I often carry valuables in the back and need the security!!!
Check the rubber boot at the top of the door for any broken wires. This is a common failure area where the wires break . The liftgate control module is located in the rear hatch so if there are any broken wires it will cause issues .
Old October 30th, 2017, 6:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default The actuator (if the same as the module) Seems To BE WORKING

as I said "with the gate in the closed position I can hear the mechanism cycling" so it seems to getting power... I'm not too keen into wiring but I'll look into it. You may be onto something since the lock was malfunctioning with the old gate.
Old December 3rd, 2017, 1:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default The wires are reported to be OK

I had the entire rear gate professionally replaced and the wiring checked out ok.
it appears that electromechanical problems are the least likely issues to be resolved in an internet forum. Since I'm in need of an alignment plus also having headlight issues, I'm considering going to a local school with an automotive Voc-tech to see if they have such electrical instructions. Maybe they can trace the problem.