TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2003 Trailblazer: Alternator bottom bolt

Search this Thread

Old June 25th, 2019, 8:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Trailblazer: Alternator bottom bolt

Hello!

I'm attempting to replace a bad (read: all) fuel injector on a 2003 trailblazer (vortec 4200). I need to remove the Intake Manifold, but the last bolt is behind the Alternator. In trying to move the Alternator but I cannot get the bottom bolt.

There isnt enough clearance around the bolt head to fit a 15mm ratchet wrench, and these two damn AC lines (see image) keep me from using a regular ratchet. Every video ive seen either skips over this step, or their lines are magically flexible and just move out of the way for them to remove the bolt. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance!
Old June 27th, 2019, 10:05 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by MF Grady
Hello!

I'm attempting to replace a bad (read: all) fuel injector on a 2003 trailblazer (vortec 4200). I need to remove the Intake Manifold, but the last bolt is behind the Alternator. In trying to move the Alternator but I cannot get the bottom bolt.

There isnt enough clearance around the bolt head to fit a 15mm ratchet wrench, and these two damn AC lines (see image) keep me from using a regular ratchet. Every video ive seen either skips over this step, or their lines are magically flexible and just move out of the way for them to remove the bolt. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance!
Victor Wrench. Works on anything.