TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

ABS Ring removal/installation

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2017, 5:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Ring removal/installation

2007 Trailblazer, standard diff making noises. Removed both axles, found a busted abs ring on right side. Seems to press in before the bearing, but I'm not sure, so won't proceed with removal. How do I remove a busted rear abs reluctor? Your input is much appreciated

Last edited by smoothblazer; November 17th, 2017 at 5:45 PM.
Old November 18th, 2017, 4:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS ring update

I removed the ABS ring from the shaft housing. It is just rather loosely pressed inside and it comes out with soft strokes of a slide hammer with an internal bearing removal attachment, same as the one needed to remove the bearing. I removed the damaged one this way and removed another one intact from a car in the salvage yard. Just make sure to rotate the business end of the slide hammer before the next blow, so that you don't beat on the same spot. They both came out easy, without having to blow too hard on them with the slide hammer. Installation is pretty much the same as the bearing installation, just find a large socket that will push the outer aspect of the ring (same as the bearing, don't beat on the rollers) into the housing evenly. I just wanted to post this info, as there is none related to this on the internet. I hope this helps people in the same predicament I was before I decided to wing it. It turned out to be an easy feat. Enjoy your trailblazer!!!

Last edited by smoothblazer; November 18th, 2017 at 4:34 PM. Reason: more clarity