TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

ABS traction control issues

Old November 9th, 2018, 4:08 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS traction control issues

Traction control repair light comes and goes. Sometimes the car doesn't want to go when I hit the gas, I have to let up and then try again. The ABS is kicking on for no reason during a normal stop on dry roads if I press the pedal down past a certain point. It's starting to snow here, so I'll be taking this car on the highway daily and I'd like it to be safe. I have no idea where to start.
Old November 9th, 2018, 11:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The proper way to start is getting the code that should at least be stored in history, then graph all of the wheel speeds (3-7 mph), and look for a drop out.

If a proper diagnosis is not realistically in your future, then the best guess would be to get the abs to activate on dry pavement, and when it is activating, let go of the steering wheel. If the steering wheel turns by itself in either direction, suspect the problem sensor being the opposite of which way the steering wheel turned.

It is common in the rust belt to have rust 'lift' the sensor away from the tone ring causing it to lose a signal at slow speeds. It is not easy to get the sensor out of the hub without it breaking, but possible with a lot of pb blaster, time, and patience. If and when you get the sensor out and you see any copper winding, then the sensor is done for. Other wise new wheel bearings come with a new abs wheel speed sensor.

Search this Thread