TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

A/C LINE GETS FROSTED

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2008, 8:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C LINE GETS FROSTED

i have an ac problem on a 2005 TB, at first i thought it was low on freon so i recovered and recharged it at 1.87lbs no rear ac on this 05. i have the low side off of the compressor getting frozen as the low side guage goes below 40 and my highg side is erratic on the quage it just goes crazy. i was thinking it could be the orfice tube being clogged up or something. where is the orfice tube on this05 TB.i also read somewhere thatthese TB have had problems on the control panel unit something about reseting it by removing th hvac fuse to reset it,my 05 TB isnt cooling well inside i think it might be related to the ac control panel as well maybe itsnot controling the vent door correctly etc. it cools inside but not to 40 deg, but i also think i might have a restriction problem causing mylow side line to get frozen under the hood. any help i can get i would greatly appreciate it.
Old July 6th, 2008, 4:38 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: A/C LINE GETS FROSTED

Could be a number of things. You could have a refrigerant leak. Thats the best case scenario. Your inside coil piston/checkvalve could be sticking. Or you could have a system contamination such as water in the line freezing and causing a blockage.
Old July 8th, 2008, 12:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A/C LINE GETS FROSTED

coil piston/checkvalve could be sticking, how can i fix this with out havng to remove the evaporator. i know on hondas you can blow some air through the line and it will normally fix the expansion valve in the evaporator rather than replacing it etc. is this something i can do the evaporator on the 05 tb?