TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Changed spark plugs and ignition coils and runs ROUGH!-HELLPPP

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2018, 4:27 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed spark plugs and ignition coils and runs ROUGH!-HELLPPP

I have a 2003 GMC Envoy SLT and I just had all 6 spark plugs and ignition coils changed -brand new- and the truck is running rough. I took it to AutoZone to check the codes and it sates that its the fuel injector. The sales guy suggested that I use Sea Foam Motor Treatment and run the vehicle for a few days to see if there is any trash in the gas tank to clear out. My only concern is that the Check Engine light is blinking when I apply speed. I know that that must be a bad sign. What can this be?

Last edited by RCM2kids; January 29th, 2018 at 4:31 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention the type of vehicle
Old February 1st, 2018, 6:30 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah do not drive it if the CEL is flashing . You should probably have it towed to the shop . did he tell you the codes ? I would go back thru your plug and coil work . Sometimes these coil on plug setups do not sit on the plug correctly and can cause issues like you are seeing. If you did not see this issue before you changed them I would go back o9ver that before having it towed but dont drive it if it flashing , you run the risk of possibly ruining the cat .

Last edited by vipergg22; February 1st, 2018 at 7:07 PM.