TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Exhaust Ripped Off

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2006, 1:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Ripped Off

Ok so here's the deal, I was up north with a friend working for a charity and we backed up on the side of this country road. The right rear tire dipped in a pot hole and the exhaust tip caught on the edge of the black top and ripped the muffler right off. The kicker here is that the truck is not loud at all, but what's puzzling me is without really climbing under the truck I can't see where anything bolts up, it appears to be the muffler, like an s pipe going into what I'm assuming is the cat. Anybody got like a micro fiche picture of the exhaust so I can see what I can do myself? I'm currently unemployed so taking it to someone is out.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 7:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Exhaust Ripped Off

Was the pipe ripped off from the catalytic converter back, or is it just the muffler area that was torn off? If it was just the muffler area there should be an area about where the front and rear passenger side doors meet where the exhaust bolts to the catalytic converter. Hope this helps.
Let me know if there's anything else.. oh by the way removing the muffler will void the GM warrenty for the Catalytic converter along with the rest of the exhaust system.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Exhaust Ripped Off

WOW I forgot I had even posted this! The pipe had ripped off right at the muffler, what I ended up doing is going to a friends muffler shop, we were able to order the pipe between the cat and the muffler and a muffler and weld it up, thanks for the response.